Fpm2: Figaro password manager

Stuff that has yet to be sorted into a category.
muggins

Fpm2: Figaro password manager

#1 Post by muggins »

http://als.regnet.cz/fpm2/
FPM2 is GTK2 port from Figaro's Password Manager originally developed by John Conneely, with some new features.
To use, Menu->Utility->FPM, or fpm2 in a console.
Attachments
fpm2-0.70-i486.pet
(50.69 KiB) Downloaded 821 times
fpm.png
(11.95 KiB) Downloaded 1769 times
Last edited by muggins on Fri 25 Apr 2008, 03:20, edited 2 times in total.

Dingo

#2 Post by Dingo »

Have you successfully used to filling username and password on web pages? I haven't able to do this task
replace .co.cc with .info to get access to stuff I posted in forum
dropbox 2GB free
OpenOffice for Puppy Linux

BarryK
Puppy Master

#3 Post by BarryK »

muggins,
Thanks for the info. I have been looking for a password manager for Dingo, wasn't able to find anything.
[url]https://bkhome.org/news/[/url]

muggins

#4 Post by muggins »

@Barry,

I must have been away with the pixies when I originally posted, as I gave a link to Fpm, which Fpm2 is based on. Plus I re-uploaded the .pet, as I modified the logo.xpm to logo.png, but just noticed that Fpm2 was complaining about this, if started on a commandline, so I modified the source to use logo.png & re-compiled.

@Dingo,

I haven't really played much with the app myself, just put in a few passwords to see it worked. Regarding filling in webpage userid/pword fields, I just tried it just now...unsuccessfully!

The first thing is that in the "Launcher" preferences for "Web", this needs to be changes to either defaultbrowser "$a" or mozilla. This will at least open the page & allow manually copying & pasting.

I'll try some more investigation later.

muggins

#5 Post by muggins »

Dingo,

I emailed the fpm2 developer, with the query:
I tried using mozilla "$a" "$u" "$p" but get a "Failed to send command: 500 command not parseable" error.

He responded:
Autocomplete in FPM2 or old FPM is not possible. Parameters is only for programs which be able parse arguments. Mozilla understand only parameter to open new URL. And then you must manually paste
user&password. I examine how autocomplete can be done and maybe in next version of FPM2 will be included.
Which sort of resonated with me, as I've had problems before, using mozilla as a defaultbrowser, with certain scripts, and thought it had something to do with Mozilla having tightened security regarding opening variables from a script etc.

So, rather than seeing Fpm2 as an autocomplete password manager, with whatever security implications are involved in that functionality, maybe it's better regarding it as a password repository.

night flight

#6 Post by night flight »

I can't handle this software, although it is part of the Slacko 5.7.0 on-board equipment. Got the error message:
GLib (gthread-posix.c): Unexpected error from C library during 'pthread-setspecific': Invalid argument. Aborting.

Aborted
Before, it worked once (I saw the GUI and could work with it :) ). But only once. Initially, so to speak. Now, the little login window obviously accepts the password but then nothing happens anymore.

As a Linux rookie, at least I know that calling a program by the command-line can give some clues as to why it doesn't work as expected. So I got the error message as quoted above.
I use a Lenovo IdeaPad S10-2, built in 2009. I love it. My Slacko 5.7 (32 Bit) is on a 10 GB SD Card. So I can boot it everywhere (Smartphones excluded :P ).