RevPup 2.13rm1

For talk and support relating specifically to Puppy derivatives
lj51

RevPup 2.13rm1

#1 Post by lj51 »

Hi,

RevPup2.13 remaster1 is coming right along very nicely. Thought that I would share a couple of screen-shots with everyone.
Any feedback is most welcomed.
Attachments
Screen1.jpg
(68.3 KiB) Downloaded 3634 times

KF6SNJ

#2 Post by KF6SNJ »

Looks really good. Perhaps it will be available for download soon?

lj51

#3 Post by lj51 »

KF6SNJ,

Thank-you for your interest in RevPup. I have one last remaster to do then it will be at Final. If someone would be so kind as to host RevPup, then I would upload it for the Forum to try out.

Please keep in mind that this was made for my use and has what I want in it, so someone else may need to add some things to it for their own use, which is what Puppy is all about.

If you click on the "www" at the bottom of this post it will take you to the RevPup blog which has been updated and you can see what is in the distro.

Caneri

#4 Post by Caneri »

Rev Pup is on http://www.puppylinux.ca/members/RevPup/

And welcome to my server RevPup

Eric/caneri
[color=darkred][i]Be not afraid to grow slowly, only be afraid of standing still.[/i]
Chinese Proverb[/color]

Turpin

RevPup, what's it about?

#5 Post by Turpin »

I have been looking all over for a base install of Puppy I can build up on a multisession DVD, with some very specific things in mind and so far none of the many I've tried now has what I want: A base puppy with as little extras as necessary to let me, a beginner, install all my favorite apps. The only fluff I want would be in the package management. I wnat the ability to install Pet AND PUP files, and maybe have links to some of the more obscure ones that I might need. And it must be XFCE. The apps I intend to put in will be Firefox, Java, Flash, multimedia plugins and media player for Firefox (I actually would hope to find something with all this stuff already preinstalled and figured out), Openoffice, Thunderbird with Lightning extension, Hamachi, samba, linneighborhood, GIMPshop, NVidia driver, and, erm, that's about all the important things. I'd go with Dragon Puppy, but I seem to have trouble trying to install anything in it because of some bug. There are too many apps I'll never use in any of the Firehydrant varieties. Fatfree seems to be unable to install pup packages.
What would be the best solution to my problem? I may be asking prematurely. I haven't yet tried this build. Maybe it's just what i need. But, not knowing what's easy and not easy to do, I don't know whether to build XFCE into something that doesn't have it or maybe try this thing caled recompiling I keep hearing about??

sketchman

Re: RevPup, what's it about?

#6 Post by sketchman »

Turpin wrote:I haven't yet tried this build. Maybe it's just what i need. But, not knowing what's easy and not easy to do, I don't know whether to build XFCE into something that doesn't have it or maybe try this thing caled recompiling I keep hearing about??
I think you're talking about remastering. Recompiling would be going overboard for what you want. I highly recommend remastering for what you describe. All you have to do is start up a stock puppy and fix it up how you want it. Then use petbegone to remove the things you don't need. Then run remaster and you have a brand new .iso, almost all your own.

That's how the first 2 versions of CuPup were made. Worked nicely.
"In a world that exists without walls and fences, who needs Windows and Gates?"