safepup does not boot

For talk and support relating specifically to Puppy derivatives
dptxp

safepup does not boot

#1 Post by dptxp »

I have burned 2 CDs of safepup, MD5 is OK (checked in K3B) but safepup does not boot. Sometimes hangs (blank screen) , sometimes Hard disk boots with installed OS.

Never faced problems with iso burning in past.

Any ideas ?

raffy

kernel 2.16.18

#2 Post by raffy »

Safepup uses the same kernel of 2.14-2.16. Have you booted any of these versions in that PC earlier? Some PC boards with Winbond I/O chip would not work with this kernel version.

Also, safepup uses "pfix=ram" as default boot parameter, which would require 128 MB RAM (memory).

Please try that CD in another PC to make sure that the problem is not due to CD error.
Puppy user since Oct 2004. Want FreeOffice? [url=http://puppylinux.info/topic/freeoffice-2012-sfs]Get the sfs (English only)[/url].

dptxp

#3 Post by dptxp »

Thanks Raffy.

Puppy 3.01 works. Puppy 2.14 works. PupEee works.
It is possible that I have a 'burning' problem with safepup. MD5 was OK but maybe I shall download again.. 2 CDs gone.

Got 512 MB RAM. Turion at 2 GHZ.

BTW does any version use dynamic CPU frequency control ? I want to see all system parameters as CPU temp, CPU frequency etc. Saw in PupEee screenshot, do not see when I run it live.

Tried to install DotPups. Got errors. Can these not be installed with Live CD so that I can remaster ? (file may be corrupt message ).