Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Fri 28 Nov 2014, 00:22
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Puppy Derivatives
New Pup for the Eeepc based on Puppy 301
Moderators: Flash, JohnMurga
Page 18 of 29 [422 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, ..., 27, 28, 29 Next
tqwe

PostPosted: Fri 21 Mar 2008, 06:31    Post subject: alt+key  

ricstef thank you, the alt left click drag it works if you have a mouse. if you have no mouse on the eee you hold down alt key, hold down right click on scroll pad,then use the scroll pad to drag, thank you for getting me pointed in the right direction.
MyPup

PostPosted: Fri 21 Mar 2008, 15:05    Post subject:  

I thought I would post some pictures of ttuuxxx on ice a very lite icewm which came out this week. As you can see from the pictures it is very puppyish with the dog bones and paws theme i have it set to auto hide as did jwm but don't know how to get Asapm battery monitor applet in the taskbar also the fourth picture is what ttuuxxx looks like on my desktop not pupeee but the first three pictures are on pupeee. Im showing the fourth as to address the network applet that didn't work on pupeee not sure if its blinky in pupeee or why it just looks different. I like having the quickbar access to apps but miss Asapm battery monitor this might make a great addon in the next addition or if you just want to add it to yours. You can get ttuuxxx on ice here http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=27358
Lobster
Official Crustacean

PostPosted: Sun 23 Mar 2008, 02:35    Post subject:  

Smile I am using Pupeee on a normal desktop and the keyboard mapping is set up for the Eeepc (reasonable I suppose) and that means that (for eg.) " and @ are transposed. Is this something that can be solved in the upcoming control panel?
Ray MK

PostPosted: Sun 23 Mar 2008, 12:02    Post subject:  

Hi Lobster

Am also using PupEee now on a std 5yr old Pc based laptop and am sure that all I did to get correct keyboard layout was to use keyboard wizard and set local country in desktop settings.

Everything seems to work ok, ie "£$?><,./#%&()_+= or am I being dim and not fully understanding what keyboard mapping means.

What a superb package this is - all the goodies, most notable being battery display. I just added conky, osmo & hotpup.

Runs quite well in only 92mb ram / 1Ghz celeron proc. frugal.

Fantasic stuff, cant wait to see final.

V happy Puppy n00bie - Ray MK
dvw86

PostPosted: Sun 23 Mar 2008, 12:21    Post subject:  

Lobster wrote:
Smile I am using Pupeee on a normal desktop and the keyboard mapping is set up for the Eeepc (reasonable I suppose) and that means that (for eg.) " and @ are transposed. Is this something that can be solved in the upcoming control panel?

Hmmm, Either I don't have that issue or I don't know what you are referring to. The "at" sign is achieved by pressing shift+2 on both my desktop and Eee while running Pupeee.
MyPup

PostPosted: Sun 23 Mar 2008, 12:52    Post subject:  

Well after adding ttuuxxx on ice I decided to go back to thinblack2 theme which can be found here http://www.gnome-look.org/content/show.php?content=55648 but i didn't like the start button so I went to http://www.ttuuxxx.com/ and used one of my favorite ttuuxxx buttons. Now if someone with the skills could remaster pupeee with compiz <-because I dont have the skills then I could get rid of doze on my ssd as im running yodm3d on xp.
cap.png
 Description   
 Filesize   113.46 KB
 Viewed   1746 Time(s)

cap.png

Lobster
Official Crustacean

PostPosted: Thu 27 Mar 2008, 06:03    Post subject:  

Quote:
Am also using PupEee now on a std 5yr old Pc based laptop and am sure that all I did to get correct keyboard layout was to use keyboard wizard and set local country in desktop settings.

Quote:
Hmmm, Either I don't have that issue or I don't know what you are referring to. The "at" sign is achieved by pressing shift+2 on both my desktop and Eee while running Pupeee.

Thanks guys Wink
Just choosing country desktop settings was not sufficient
I went to wizards / keyboard / xorg / layout
and choose UK - this solved it

It is a credit to PupEEE that I have been using it for a couple of weeks now - even with the weird keyboard. Embarassed
Have installed Firefox and intend to create Light based on your Dingo Beta version of Pupeee (if that is your plan Dan?)
http://tmxxine.com/wik/wikka.php?wakka=LinuxTmxxineLight

. . . another thing Barry is looking for a reason to include MurgaLua in Dingo - The control panel would be that reason . . .
Have you contacted Barry / John Murga?

Grayson

PostPosted: Thu 27 Mar 2008, 09:11    Post subject: Wireless Problem  

I have a 4G Surf and pupeee (301) running on a Flash Drive. I can boot into pupeee and connect to my WPA Access Point and surf the Net just fine. However, I cannot connect to any open net such as the library or Atlanta Bread Company. If I boot back to Xandros I can connect and surf, no problems. Back into pupeee and no joy. Another curious thing is every other time I scan in pupeee the Wizard reports "No Networks Found". And I mean every other time, no exceptions. Anyone have an suggestions?

Thanks,

Grayson
ricstef

PostPosted: Thu 27 Mar 2008, 15:00    Post subject: eeepc wireless
Subject description: "No Networks Found"

@Grayson
Quote:
Another curious thing is every other time I scan in pupeee the Wizard reports "No Networks Found".

Is your blue light on before you scan ? If not, touch Fn + F2 to activate your wireless transmitter.
Sounds like your wireless is disabled until you scan, at which time the wizard seems to turn it on. Then, when you scan again it can receive the signals that are available. HTH.

Cheers,
Richard
Grayson

PostPosted: Thu 27 Mar 2008, 20:09    Post subject: Re: eeepc wireless
Subject description: "No Networks Found"

Quote:
Is your blue light on before you scan ? If not, touch Fn + F2 to activate your wireless transmitter.
Sounds like your wireless is disabled until you scan, at which time the wizard seems to turn it on. Then, when you scan again it can receive the signals that are available. HTH.
Cheers,
Richard

Yes, the blue light is on. As I said I can connect to my WPA encrypted AP, just not to an open network at public places.

Grayson
BigEd

PostPosted: Fri 28 Mar 2008, 06:33    Post subject:  

dvw86 wrote:

The UK keyboard is slightly different from the US one (just to confuse every one nodoubt) the " and @ are the other way around. Having a uk machine mine is wrong as well, but im used to it as my desktop is wrong as well.....
dvw86

PostPosted: Fri 28 Mar 2008, 12:12    Post subject:  

Lobster wrote:

Have installed Firefox and intend to create Light based on your Dingo Beta version of Pupeee (if that is your plan Dan?)
http://tmxxine.com/wik/wikka.php?wakka=LinuxTmxxineLight

I may use the final version of Dingo (Puppy 4) but for now I am sticking with Puppy 3.01. There are enough differences between them that it would mean starting over. Barry is still trying too many things and making too many changes for me to do a re-write and then have Barry make a change that breaks it. I really like Dingo but I want to wait for it to stabilize first.

Lobster wrote:

. . . another thing Barry is looking for a reason to include MurgaLua in Dingo - The control panel would be that reason . . .
Have you contacted Barry / John Murga?

John is aware of the control panel and has even helped me in using murgaLua as a web CGI language for the next release of Pupeee. I think that the control panel would be a good addition to Dingo. MurgaLua is so small, powerful, versatile, and easy to use that it is hard to not like it. Barry knows of the control panel but I have not asked him to include it. I don't know if he is aware of it's progress though. I just figure that if he likes it well enough or thinks that it is a good fit for his goals, than he would put it in.
Lobster
Official Crustacean

PostPosted: Fri 28 Mar 2008, 14:20    Post subject:  

Thanks for the info Dan Smile

Enclosed is screenshot of Lit which basically would turn your existing Pupeee into Light
by enclosing it in the startup directory

I know it works with Pupeee and with slight mods would work on Dingo or Lassie.

Basically it comprises of links to the most popular addons (via pages were sfs or dotpups can be downloaded) a welcome wizard and a new version of Glint.
It uses Pupeees in built icons and so adds very little overhead - you might find it of use. Open source so modify as you see fit if of use . . .

file enclosed Smile
lit2.zip
Description 
zip

Download 
Filename  lit2.zip 
Filesize  14.32 KB 
Downloaded  512 Time(s) 

John Lewis

PostPosted: Fri 28 Mar 2008, 20:59    Post subject:  

Hi All,

Well I have tried all the flavours of pupeee in my eeepc and desktop and I am impressed. It works very well so far but with one exception and that is Gxine and xine. Both crash when I try to use them for DVD files.

Error about X server if I recall.. I then tried my P301 disk. Same problem but works fine in 2.15CE.
Seems the problem is in 301 rather than pupeee. I vaguely remember reading something of this but can't turn it up in a search.

Any one else have this problem ?

John Lewis
smokey01

PostPosted: Fri 28 Mar 2008, 22:40    Post subject:  

John Lewis wrote:
Hi All,

Well I have tried all the flavours of pupeee in my eeepc and desktop and I am impressed. It works very well so far but with one exception and that is Gxine and xine. Both crash when I try to use them for DVD files.

Error about X server if I recall.. I then tried my P301 disk. Same problem but works fine in 2.15CE.
Seems the problem is in 301 rather than pupeee. I vaguely remember reading something of this but can't turn it up in a search.

Any one else have this problem ?

Hi John,

I have the same problem in 3.01. It doesn't always cause problems though. I can usually get the DVD running but if I change something like full screen, maximise a window or even just move a smaller window it crashes. If I restart JWM all is good again.

This also happens with other video files such as WMV.

I can't comment on the Pupeee version running a DVD as I have not tried it. Nor have I tried it on my EeePC.

Hopefully Barry and the team have got this sorted in Dingo.

Regards

Smokey
Page 18 of 29 [422 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, ..., 27, 28, 29 Next
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Puppy Derivatives
Jump to: