XFCE 4.4.2 .PET and .SFS

Stuff that has yet to be sorted into a category.
JB4x4

XFCE 4.4.2 .PET and .SFS

#1 Post by JB4x4 »

The new XFCE 4.4.2 is ready for testing. This is mostly a bug fix. I did recompile CPUgraph, which adds the option of left-clicking on the display and executing a command, in this case "top".

As always, install the .pet file or move the .sfs to the appropriate location (and reboot). From JWM, exit to prompt, and start XFCE with the command "xwin startxfce4" (no quotes)

FILES-

http://www.puppylinux.ca/members/experimental/

XFCE-442a.pet
XFCE-442a.pet.md5.txt
XFCE-442a.sfs
XFCE-442a.sfs.md5.txt

Feedback is always welcome,
JB

stevenbinion

#2 Post by stevenbinion »

Just what I was looking for. thank you so much for continuing with XFCE4 :D

floborg

#3 Post by floborg »

* The CPU graph is now much smaller and has a redundant meter immediately to the left of it. This meter is similar to the network graph, only this one is white/clear.

* I had to use the following command in the CPU Graph properties to get Top running when clicking on the graph

Code: Select all

rxvt -e top
The normal command used in the Puppy menu is too long for the box.

* I don't believe this new sfs solved the problem I posted in the 4.4.1 thread, but I'm beginning to think it may be a Puppy 3.01 problem. Time will tell.

stevenbinion

#4 Post by stevenbinion »

how can I import jwm menu options that aren't showing up under XFCE?

JB4x4

#5 Post by JB4x4 »

Which options are you looking for?

mrkcee

#6 Post by mrkcee »

Anyone have the 'enabled compositor' of xfwm4? I tried to compile it on my own. I was able to compile it and shows that the compositor is enabled when I type 'xfwm4 -V' but it's still disabled.

EDIT:
Nevermind. Got it to work. I just needed to edit the wmtweak.xml file to enable the compositor.

Brandon

#7 Post by Brandon »

Can you make a puplet with compositor? And JB4x4 thanks for making XFCE puplets, I used this one in DCL 2008.
"Develop for it? I'll piss on it." -Bill Gates on the NeXTcube

Cur Dog

#8 Post by Cur Dog »

Great Job JB4x4!! I believe that 4.4.2 fixed the issue I had been experiencing with the weather applet. In the past the applet would not display info after a reboot until I restarted XFCE from the command line. It seems to be working fine now. Once again I would like to say nice job!!!!

Cur Dog

#9 Post by Cur Dog »

Great Job JB4x4!! I believe that 4.4.2 fixed the issue I had been experiencing with the weather applet. In the past the applet would not display info after a reboot until I restarted XFCE from the command line. It seems to be working fine now. Once again I would like to say nice job!!!!

Cur Dog

#10 Post by Cur Dog »

Great Job JB4x4. I believe that 4.4.2 fixed the issue I had been experiencing with the weather applet. In the past the applet would not display info after a reboot until I restarted XFCE from the command line. It seems to be working fine now. Once again I would like to say nice job.

Cur Dog

#11 Post by Cur Dog »

Antipyrine

#12 Post by Antipyrine »

@mrkcee

Hi,

could you tell me how you edited the wmtweak? because Eventhought I enable compositing, Used compositing "1"...I still can't find the compositing tab...

@JB4x4: Yes gret work

goju

#13 Post by goju »

My english is not good ...

It is a very good work, XFCE loald corectely in my "toutou basix 03.02" (a french and light vertion of Pypy linux), and good surprice, names of the aplication is in french

But, the XFCE menu is in english, and i would like translate this in french.

i trie simpely edit this with the XFCE menu editor, but my menu dont work :

I have tried to edit manualy "/root/.config/xfce4/desktop/menu.xml" and/or "file:///root/.config/xfce4/desktop/xfce-registered-categories.xml
", and xfwm crash

Do you known who to translate this menu ?