Patched MPlayer for Compiz-Fusion

Stuff that has yet to be sorted into a category.
tombh

Patched MPlayer for Compiz-Fusion

#1 Post by tombh »

Download: MPlayer-1.0rc2-CompizPatch.pet

*Xv output will only work with Compiz-Fusion
*Also installs libartsc and libfribidi
*Xorg requires 24 bit colour depth
*"Unredirect fullscreen playback" must be disabled in CCSM (General Tab) for fullscreen functionality.

Unpatched, Mplayer is unable to render hardware accelerated video through Compiz-Fusion -- this is unfortunate as software rendering greatly increases CPU load and takes no advantage of your graphics card. However, once patched MPlayer is able to take advantage of both CF (wobbling, rotating, scaling, transparency, etc) AND hardware accelerated graphics.

Earwicker

#2 Post by Earwicker »

javascript:emoticon(':roll:') so THATS why it wasn't working...thank you soooooo much. Now where is the noobs guide to getting a floating cube with pictures on all sides? What is this desktop good for, besides wobbling? I saw somewhere a patch that puts a picture cube inside in place of gears or fishes. I haven't seen either one yet. Would very much like to.

tombh

#3 Post by tombh »

Woohoo!

I say get hold of all wow's latest stuff. That's the most up to date Compiz-Fusion and the latest plugins (including the wallpaper plugin), there's also a collection of loads of great emerald themes in an emerald dotpet somewhere.

Check out this youtube vid to see what else you can do apart from wobble.

;)

Earwicker

#4 Post by Earwicker »

Thanks RKNFRK, did the deed. It says new launcher located in FUN, Simple Compiz Somehting....but there is no FUN heading on start. Also, the controls say alt, shift, super, ctl BUTTON!, BUTTON2, etc. Where are these BUTTONS? I tried downloading some themes from the Beryl Project, and they said "Error calling TAR" I now have fire and snow, but I cant get the cube to stay up and rotate without taking up the whole screen. There are fish and gears, but the caps are the fusion logo on top, and a blue box with an arrow on the bottom cap. Thats IF i hold down ctl-alt and the left mouse button. The minute i let go, it zooms back to full. Wont stay there and rotate. Also shrinks to nearly nothing gradually, then comes back gradually, I call that zooming, but cannot other wise control it. Will keep fizzing until i turn 55, which is in two months. My daughter is scared of it. So im gonna put it on her computer one day. She will wake up without no Windows and then have to take care of me. Lol.

Earwicker

WOW puplets

#5 Post by Earwicker »

:oops: found it under system, clicked it, nogo. Also gots no rain, no water, no ring switching. Gots mplayer, full screen. havent checked the sound. wish i knew the mouse and buttons better. Saw the roadmap. Clicked on the effects, they all cite "BUTTON1", "BUTTON^" etc. Have no idea what that means. some are "s" and "C" and such. I get that, but i haven't a clue what "BUTTON1" means. So i'm just hunting and pecking. Typed ctl F9 and the whole pile of cards came down. no xorg no xwin no xfce4. hat to reload cd using "upgrade" option instead of "wipe"

What I REALLY want to know, RKNFRK, is when is this thing gonna be ready for my PS3??????????

I checked the Megabox homebrew project, doesn't support HDMI (what losers), and there is work going on for the PPC but i don't have an inside track or know how to compile or decompile in C to help it along. So all I can do is watch. I want to drop the pc altogether. The PS# has 8 cell processors and a fixed 256 mb ram. I see WNOP as the most powerful, least hungry linux candidate, but its a tossup between DSL and Puppy to see who gets there first, if Megabox doesn't wisen up. Thanks for all your help.

Rebooting and trying the simple CF key again. Later.

Earwicker

Still No Satisfaction

#6 Post by Earwicker »

Couldn't reboot Had to hard restart. APIC off? Who's in charge, compiz or xfce4, is there a conflict. Also going to need to learn to use kismet and aircrack under CF. There are some widgets out there for this with a good gui. I have no command line skills, or any other for that matter, but the ps3 has a built in wireless (i don't know the brand) and kismet comes preset for the rt2750 ralink wireless chip set. Have you any experience with wokfi or yagi wifi antenna setups? How about shortwave? Are these appocations all set up in the Ham Radio puplet?

Earwicker

Tearing Teeth Out

#7 Post by Earwicker »

if no answer comes to mind, since neither CF control panel even launches, and something is just eating cycles for lunch, I think I will (gulp) scrape the drive and start over WITHOUT the wonderful CF patch, thank you...

tombh

#8 Post by tombh »

I'm a bit confused as to the problem.

I do know that buttons 3, 4 and 5 are the scroll up and down movements on a 3-button mouse.

Thinking about now you probably need python_for_CCSM (also on wow's page) to run CCSM and Simple-CCSM after upgrading.

acpi=off is known to often sort out a lot of problems!

I have heard talk of Linux running on playstations but haven't heard of Puppy running on one.

I've never setup wireless on Puppy but I'm sure there are lots of people on the forum who might be able to help.

Let's take this conversation over to the wNOP thread.

runtt21

#9 Post by runtt21 »

Do you need to install a codec pack for this or is it good to go?

tombh

#10 Post by tombh »

It's good to go.

But if you've got the space you may as well get a few more codecs in there, no harm done -- Mplayer Codecs.
[url=http://www.tombh.co.uk/colour_memories/contribute.php]Colour-Memories Database[/url]