gpicview-0.1.9 - A Simple and Fast Image Viewer

Stuff that has yet to be sorted into a category.
MU

#21 Post by MU »

ups forgot the attachment :oops:
here it is
Attachments
Gpicview-0.1.7.pup
For Puppy 3, without locale-files.
(34.39 KiB) Downloaded 354 times

Dingo

#22 Post by Dingo »

Good 8) Not it works very fine! thanks. I have mirrored also on dokupuppy (with link to this original forum thread) for all puppy 3.01 users!

john biles

#23 Post by john biles »

Hello Muggins,
The crashing problem you experienced is the same one I had. I think I had the best luck with 0.1.3 as it would open my pics, allow me to zoom in and then with no warning crash and disappear.
OH well thanks for trying to compile it. (Theses problems are with the 2 series for those who haven't read the whole post.)
Legacy OS 2017 has been released.

Flash
Official Dog Handler

#24 Post by Flash »

Plinej, could you edit the subject line to add a short description? Thanks. :)

muggins

#25 Post by muggins »

Hello John Biles,

or anyone else that wants to try gpicview on a pup2xxx version. In order to stop the app segfaulting I've commented out some code. The only functionality missing, (AFAIK from my less than rigorous testing), is that when you mouse over a control, at the bottom of the window, it won't pop-up a tooltip.

To use, Menu->Graphic->GPicView

For anyone interested, the only changes I've made is to comment out lines 120, 186, 190 & 438 of main-win.c & line 68 of main-win.h.

Edit I've updated to latest release, v0.1.9, and the tooltips are now working for pup2xx versions.

Edit2 I've re-uploaded as the menu icon wasn't being displayed, plus, thanks to a tip from Disciple, I've altered the preferences so it doesn't automatically save on rotating the image.

Edit3 I've moved the pup2 .pet to the last page of this thread.
Last edited by muggins on Sat 23 Feb 2008, 23:59, edited 6 times in total.

john biles

#26 Post by john biles »

Hello Muggins,
Thank you!!
To me gpicview has a Windows XP feel about it with its simular layout.
I think Windows user's would feel more at home with it then with other Linux viewers. So thank you once again for taking the time to stop it crashing.
I will do some testing and all going well, will now include it in the upcoming TEENpup 2008
Legacy OS 2017 has been released.

plinej

#27 Post by plinej »

updated to 0.1.8

muggins

#28 Post by muggins »

Likewise I've updated a version for pup2xx. i've resolved the tooltips issue, that I couldn't get working in v0.1.7, by just altering the file main-win.c, by adding one line. From:

Code: Select all

mw->tooltips = gtk_tooltips_new();
#if GTK_CHECK_VERSION(2, 10, 0)
    g_object_ref_sink(mw->tooltips);
#else
    gtk_object_sink((GtkObject*)mw->tooltips);
#endif
to:

mw->tooltips = gtk_tooltips_new();
#if GTK_CHECK_VERSION(2, 10, 0)
    g_object_ref_sink(mw->tooltips);
#else
    gtk_widget_ref(mw->tooltips);
    gtk_object_sink((GtkObject*)mw->tooltips);
#endif

disciple

#29 Post by disciple »

Beware - by default it saves images when you rotate them, and it doesn't rewrite the rotation tag added by most digital cameras, so if you then view them in something that uses this tag (like XnView or your camera), then they will show up on their side or upside down or whatever...

muggins

#30 Post by muggins »

Disciple,

thanks for clarifying that. When I first made a .pet of gpicview, I was wondering how the menu icon came to be upside-down! I'll forward your info onto the developer.

cheers

muggins

#31 Post by muggins »

Disciple,

thanks again as I found that the menu item wasn't being displayed with my .pet. So I've re-uploaded version 2.

With regards to the save on rotate, this is set as default, and controlled by the preference settings. But I've altered the source so that, now "Automatically save rotated images" isn't selected.

This is done by altering line 44, of source file pref.c, to:

pref.auto_save_rotated = FALSE;
then recompiling.

plinej

#32 Post by plinej »

I updated my package with your modification too.

plinej

#33 Post by plinej »

updated to 0.1.9

BarryK
Puppy Master

#34 Post by BarryK »

So what's the vote? Do you guys think that Gpicview should replace Fotox in Puppy4?
[url]https://bkhome.org/news/[/url]

plinej

#35 Post by plinej »

fine by me

WhoDo

#36 Post by WhoDo »

@plinej - Previous version worked on my 3.01 installation, but this latest doesn't. Here is the error:

bash-3.00# which gpicview
/usr/bin/gpicview
bash-3.00# gpicview
gpicview: symbol lookup error: gpicview: undefined symbol: g_once_init_enter_impl
bash-3.00#
I know you said it "may not work" on earlier Puppies, but I'm a masochist. :P
[i]Actions speak louder than words ... and they usually work when words don't![/i]
SIP:whodo@proxy01.sipphone.com; whodo@realsip.com

muggins

#37 Post by muggins »

WhoDo,

I've uploaded a version compiled with pup2.16, on previous page. No guarantees that will work with pup3.01 either...but it might. Can you give it a try, & if it doesn't work I, (or someone else?), will upload a 3x version.

MU

#38 Post by MU »

I prefer gqview, it has nice options, is not overloaded, and you can quickly navigate using the file-list.
But gpicview reminds more on the XP image viewer, so people might feel more at home if they are eXPerienced ;)

I'll keep gqview in honour in Muppy :)

Mark
[url=http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?p=173456#173456]my recommended links[/url]

muggins

#39 Post by muggins »

At the outset I have to admit I don't use graphics viewers much, but another factor to be considered is exiv support. The developer of gpicview let me know, via an email, that he'd like to include exiv support, but he's got other priorities & projects at the moment.

Fotox does have exiv support, but requires that external exiv libraries be installed. I'm not sure, (maybe Mu is aware?), but I thought gqview has internal support of exiv.

Anyway, just another factor to be considered by Barry. (I hope he realises that he needs to add more calculators, (for AJ), and more winmodem support, (for Sage).

WhoDo

#40 Post by WhoDo »

muggins wrote:I've uploaded a version compiled with pup2.16, on previous page. No guarantees that will work with pup3.01 either...but it might. Can you give it a try, & if it doesn't work I, (or someone else?), will upload a 3x version.
Thanks, muggins. Yes it works, but as you noted for the 2.xx series the tooltips and menu icon don't display. I can get the menu by right clicking in the application area, and that explains the icons, but for refugees it wouldn't be intuitive enough, especially the delete button which I frankly didn't recognise.

Thanks again.
[i]Actions speak louder than words ... and they usually work when words don't![/i]
SIP:whodo@proxy01.sipphone.com; whodo@realsip.com