TEENpup Version 1.0.0 iso download now!

For talk and support relating specifically to Puppy derivatives
happyhippo

#101 Post by happyhippo »

john biles wrote:Hello happyhippo,
TEENpup is built on the core of Puppy, with added Apps and Artwork.
As TEENpup 2.0.0 is based on Puppy 2.14 hopefully this problem with your fan will be fixed.
TEENpup 2.0.0 is only days away!
when it is there i will try it for sure :D
i know a lot o people that ask me if linux (puppy) has MSN.
i don't use that so i don't know but one teenpup 1.0 there was AMSN

do you know if it is compareble with MSN.
(MSN is verry popular in the netherlands)

john biles

#102 Post by john biles »

Hello happyhippo,
I have replaced aMSN with KDE's "kopete" Chat which includes compatability with MSN, Yahoo etc etc.
Also Gaim has been updated to version 2 beta 6 which also allows you to talk to friends on MSN as well.
Legacy OS 2017 has been released.

smokey01

TEENpup 2

#103 Post by smokey01 »

John,

When do you think Ver 2 will be ready for download. I am excited about it's release. It looks like a great package.

Thanks

Grant

Zeppis

#104 Post by Zeppis »

I downloaded TeenPuppy yesterday and I just want to say it's pretty amazing. It has all the stuff a teen needs, and more!
Perfect for someone like me. I like Puppy cause it's so fast. Now it has all teh functionality I need as well! I never bothered to dwell deep to get it all working cause I knew I would probably start with a fresh install (i.e. new pupsave file) in a month or so. Not because Puppy would start slowing down like windows, but because I just like fresh starts...
I got my digital camera working with Puppy with no trouble whatsoever. Something I haven't even tried to do with the official releases. That's a major plus and I'm sure I'll find more sweet surprises after using TeenPup for a while.

Logitech webcam didn't work out of the box but I never use it anyway, Just wanted to test. I probably need a driver first, naturally I can't expect all the drivers pre-installed...
Same goes for my Pinnacle DVB-T USB PCTV thingie, but no matter...

All in all, a fantastic compilation of programs you have managed to fit in under 500Mb! Thank you! :)

... now I just need a Sudoku game from somewhere :wink:

john biles

#105 Post by john biles »

Hello Zeppis,
Thank you for your kind comments. I am assuming you downloaded TEENpup 2.14?
Just to let you know TEENpup 2008 is getting close to being finished and will be released very soon.
Alot of improvements have been made and at least 30-40 more Applications have been added. To name some of the Apps that will be included is "LIVES" (Different version with all dependancies for version listed on this forum), Kword, Kpresenter, Mplayer, Kaffeine and a whole lot more.
Legacy OS 2017 has been released.

prit1

#106 Post by prit1 »

Hey John,

Thanks for the outstanding work on Teen Pup 2.14

When is the new release coming out? I loved the previous release. I usually love trying out new versions and keep the ones that work well.

Thanks!