PizzaPup3.01

For talk and support relating specifically to Puppy derivatives
yim

PizzaPup3.01

#1 Post by yim »

install PizzaPup3.01 today on my sons Duron 800 650mb ram pc
runs extremely sluggish, and mplayer continues to crash, this thing should run this ok right, took off 2.17 which ran fine he just wanted the eye candy of Pizza, any ideas

both were frugal installs

yim

Pizzasgood

#2 Post by Pizzasgood »

Hmm... I'm not sure. I don't know how fast a "Duron 800" is, but any system that runs 2.17 should run Pizzapup just as well. Does the graph in the bottom right show a large amount of CPU use? If so, run top to see what's hogging it.

Worst case scenario, most if not all eye candy elements are pretty easy to add to other Puppies. WhoDo produces a package called "EZ-pup" that does a lot towards that end (IceWM, themes, icons, wallpapers, etc). I don't know if it's compatible with 2.17; probably is. I don't remember if that includes the cursors and GTK themes, but both are available as package somewhere (MU posted them).
[size=75]Between depriving a man of one hour from his life and depriving him of his life there exists only a difference of degree. --Muad'Dib[/size]
[img]http://www.browserloadofcoolness.com/sig.png[/img]

yim

#3 Post by yim »

graph at tray, nor top show that system is stresses, don't know what else it could be, may have to take your suggestion and go with 2.17 and EZpup, I appreciate your reply , thanks

yim

Pizzasgood

#4 Post by Pizzasgood »

Good luck. If you need any specific items you can't find, I still have my Pizzapup build-tree, so I could make a package out of them.
[size=75]Between depriving a man of one hour from his life and depriving him of his life there exists only a difference of degree. --Muad'Dib[/size]
[img]http://www.browserloadofcoolness.com/sig.png[/img]