Gyachi-1.1.0: Yahoo! messenging client

Stuff that has yet to be sorted into a category.
muggins

Gyachi-1.1.0: Yahoo! messenging client

#1 Post by muggins »

http://gyachi.sourceforge.net/intro.shtml

I've adapted this from an already compiled ubuntu package, and uploaded the .pet here:

http://rapidshare.com/files/71678373/gy ... 6.pet.html

I've also attached a library package, which contains the following:

libgailutil.so.17 libgpgme-pthread.so.11.6.4 libmcrypt.so
libgailutil.so.17.0.3 libgpgme.so libmcrypt.so.4
libgpg-error.so libgpgme.so.11 libmcrypt.so.4.4.8
libgpg-error.so.0 libgpgme.so.11.6.4 libxml.so.1
libgpg-error.so.0.3.0 libgtkhtml-2.so libxmms.so
libgpgme-pthread.so libgtkhtml-2.so.0 libxmms.so.1
libgpgme-pthread.so.11 libgtkhtml-2.so.0.0.0 libxmms.so.1.3.1

If you install the above, (by extracting to /), then you won't get any complaints from the package manager about missing library files.

Edit: Following on from a few of the following posts, I've repacked the gyachi-libs.tar.bz2 & added libgtkhtml, libgailutil & a symlink for libxml.so.1.
Last edited by muggins on Thu 06 Mar 2008, 11:04, edited 2 times in total.

JB4x4

#2 Post by JB4x4 »

I had to add two additional files get this to work ---

libgtkhtml-2.so.0 (which is a symlink to)
libgtkhtml-2.so.0.0.0

I was able to find these in my Slackware installation

JB

mbutts
Location: sitn on an iceburg waiting for my next meal to swim by.

#3 Post by mbutts »

Hi, I tried to download from your link on rapid share and it says file not found when I click on download after the wait period for free download. Anyone else have this happen? Also thanks in advance for the work to make it into a pet!

EDIT
I shut off my download manager and it downloaded like a charm.
Penguin, the OTHER white meat.
[url=http://www.puppyos.com][img]http://img293.imageshack.us/img293/5563/yxudnslbsx1jpglx3.png[/img][/url][img]http://i18.tinypic.com/2wd7o80.gif[/img]

muggins

#4 Post by muggins »

I had to add two additional files get this to work ---

libgtkhtml-2.so.0 (which is a symlink to)
libgtkhtml-2.so.0.0.0

I was able to find these in my Slackware installation
Thankyou JB4x4,

If anyone else is missing this library just extract the attached to /.
Attachments
libgtkhtml-2.so.tar.bz2
(151.21 KiB) Downloaded 577 times

rajeshh

cannot use webcam

#5 Post by rajeshh »

Hello, when I try to use my webCam with this, it gives an error: something like missing libjasper-xxxxx

muggins

#6 Post by muggins »

rajeshh,

I'm quite sure, (at least on my system), that there's no libjasper dependency with gyachi. Maybe just google for libjasper, download & extract, & see if it works OK.

muggins

#7 Post by muggins »

rajeshh,

I feel very silly...the libjasper you're after was available on the gyachi sourceforge website. Anyway, if you haven't already downloaded it, here's the version, from an opensuse .rpm, as a .tar.bz2. Just extract to /.
Attachments
libjasper-1.900.1.tar.bz2
(127.85 KiB) Downloaded 543 times

willhunt

#8 Post by willhunt »

had to help a fiend install so repacked it muggins if anyone
else needs it all try this gyachi-1.1.0-i486.pet
[url=http://hostfile.org/icepak.pet]176 Icewm Themes :!:[/url]
[url=http://tinyurl.com/39fl3x]vlc-0.8.6c-i586.pet[/url]
[url=http://tinyurl.com/2q7cbp]vlc-0.8.6c-i586.pet[/url]

linuxcbon

#9 Post by linuxcbon »

On Dingo A6, I installed gyachi-1.1.0-i486.pet

When I start my webcam, it says

Code: Select all

/usr/lib/gyachi/gyachi-upload: error while loading shared libraries: libjasper-1.701.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
Where can it be found ?

blitzkrieg7227

Gyachi-1.1.0: Yahoo! messenging cllient

#10 Post by blitzkrieg7227 »

hi! greetings everyone! I'm new to linux and just starting to learn... i have a frugal install of Lighthouse Pup 3.01a4 and installed willhunt's compiled gyachi pet package... it installed without error but when i ran the application it will just show up in the taskbar for a while with the busy cursor then disappears... any idea why this happens?

Tnx in advance!

muggins

#11 Post by muggins »

@linuxcbon:

regarding libjasper, if you've downloaded the libjasper-1.900.1.tar.bz2 package, (above), you could try symlinking:

ln -s /usr/lib/libjasper.so.1 /usr/lib/libjasper-1.701.so.1

and see if that works. I uploaded libjasper-1.900.1.tar.bz2, as it was more recent than libjasper-1.701.so. If the symlink doesn't resolve this problem, libjasper-1.701.so is available as an .rpm here:

libjasper-1.701.0-18suse.i586.rpm

@blitzkrieg7227:

Can you try running gyachi in a console, to see what errors are generated? Maybe it's a missing library problem, like linuxcbon is getting.

blitzkrieg7227

#12 Post by blitzkrieg7227 »

thanks muggins... seems a few dependencies are still missing... more than a couple of dependencies... i already switched my lhpup to mini-muppy 008.2 because i cant find gslapt on lhpup... i installed gyachi from the slackware12 repository and i got it runing... my problem now is that when i start voice its looking for 2 windows dll... i'll just try and find it later and place it on the directory where gyachi searches for it... my other problem is i dont know how to set up my usb webcam... the gyachi has a default setting for it when i installed it.. /dev/video0 but this seems to point to my bt848 video capture card... i dont know how to find which among the devices on /dev/ is my usb webcam... is there a way for me to know which is it? ...sorry to bother the people here but its just my 3rd day using linux... but its fun learning new things.... hope people here would have patience for a newbie like me

Thank you again! More power to all the people here! :D

linuxcbon

#13 Post by linuxcbon »

Thanks, now libjasper fixed. I wonder why it is not included in prog already.

I also got

** Plugin '/usr/lib/gyachi/plugins/gyachixmms.so' could not be loaded because of an error:
libxmms.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
I will continue testing and give feedback...
Cheers.

linuxcbon

#14 Post by linuxcbon »

Other bugs :

In Buddies, right click "profile" I got

Unhandled property: 74 overflow
Unhandled property: 53 list-style
Unhandled property: 41 font
(gyachi:8849): Pango-WARNING **: failed to create cairo scaled font, expect ugly output. the offending font is 'DejaVu Sans 0'
(gyachi:8849): Pango-WARNING **: shaping failure, expect ugly output. shape-engine='BasicEngineFc', font='DejaVu Sans 0', text='.'
(gyachi:8849): Pango-WARNING **: pango_font_get_glyph_extents called with null font argument, expect ugly output
Then gyachi freezes and crashes.

When seeing another webcam I got

ALSA lib pcm_dmix.c:864:(snd_pcm_dmix_open) unable to open slave
Error opening PCM device default
--->no sound is heard

blitzkrieg7227

#15 Post by blitzkrieg7227 »

i got my webcam to work by installing tempestuous' gspca pet package for puppy3.01

my usbwebcam device is an a4tech pk 336mb which is now identified as /dev/video1... havent tried viewing someone else webcam yet so I still dont know if I would get the same errors...

I have already installed tssoft.acm and ts32.dll and no more errors for the voice but when i go to a conference there is no sound coming out....

so far this is how far i've got

RobertB

#16 Post by RobertB »

GyachE 1.0.5 was working just fine until a few days ago for my daughter. Then, it started saying "You have been disconnected from Yahoo!: Broken pipe." Changing servers didn't help, and when I ran from the command line I got a Segmentation Fault after closing all windows (but that was the only message displayed on the console).

So I figured the best thing would be to remove the old version (using petget package manager) and get the latest, version 1.1.0. I figured since 1.0.5 was working, I'd be ok.

The dotpet installer told me that I'm missing gyachixmms. D'oh! But I was able to pull it up, and got this message on the GyahcE screen:

GyachE Improved 1.1.0 
http://gyachi.sourceforge.net/
 Plugin Loaded:  'Gpgme' 
 Plugin Loaded:  'Blowfish-Internal' 
** Plugin '/usr/lib/gyachi/plugins/gyachixmms.so' could not be loaded because of an error:
libxmms.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
 Plugin Loaded:  'MCrypt' 
 Plugin Loaded:  'GyachI-Photos' 
 Loaded 4 plugins from '/usr/lib/gyachi/plugins'.
So I tried to connect. It still had her username/password, so I figured there would be no problems. Wrong. Now, insted of displaying messageboxes about not being able to connect, it displays black boxes that won't close. Killing all the windows doesn't get rid of the running app, either... if I run from the command line, I have to ^C go get back to the prompt.

The obvious thing would be to take care of the gyachixmms dependency, but I can't seem to find it in this thread -- am I missing something? (I'm running Puppy 2.17)

muggins

#17 Post by muggins »

Hello RobertB,

I have to admit this is one .pet I've always regretted making as, being from the slide-rule era, I could never get the thing to work myself. And documentation, last time I looked, was non-existent.

But I just downloaded, & installed, the gyachi .pet, then ran it from the commandline, and received a few messages about missing libraries, but managed to get it going.

Anyway, I've repacked the gyachi-libs.tar.bz2, in the first post of this thread. Could you download this & extract to / , then let me know if it works OK?

By the way, from my brief reading about the subject on the web, it's almost like there's a mini-battle going on between yahoo & MSN on the one hand, and the free linux clients on the other, in that yahoo & MSN seem to keep moving the goalposts by changing the protocols required to access their services.

RobertB

#18 Post by RobertB »

I'll try it. I'll come back and edit this post to report the status.

First, I uninstalled the .pet using the .pet manager. Then a reboot.

Now, I've got gyachi-libs.tar.bz2 in my root directory. I'll try this from the root path, though I'm a tar newbie and I wouldn't put it past me to omit some glaringly obvious param:

tar -xf gyachi-libs.tar.bz2
At this point, "which gyachi" gives me nothing, so I'll reboot and see what happens. See you in a minute (thanks to Puppy's bloat-free reboot process).

Update: Well, I don't get any load time errors now:

GyachE Improved 1.1.0 
http://gyachi.sourceforge.net/
 Plugin Loaded:  'Gpgme' 
 Plugin Loaded:  'Blowfish-Internal' 
 Plugin Loaded:  'GyachI-XMMS' 
 Plugin Loaded:  'MCrypt' 
 Plugin Loaded:  'GyachI-Photos' 
 Loaded 5 plugins from '/usr/lib/gyachi/plugins'.
But I still get "Broken Pipe" when trying to login, and the application is still stuck, requiring me to kill the process.

Are all the penguin-friendly teens in the world locked out of Yahoo IM?

muggins

#19 Post by muggins »

I find it worrying that when you run which gyachi, you're not getting any response. So I'm wondering whether there are any library incompatibilities etc. Just out of curiousity, if you enter:

ls /usr/lib/libxml*

what response do you get?

RobertB

#20 Post by RobertB »

muggins wrote:I find it worrying that when you run which gyachi, you're not getting any response. So I'm wondering whether there are any library incompatibilities etc. Just out of curiousity, if you enter:

ls /usr/lib/libxml*

what response do you get?
Sorry, I wasn't clear. I got nothing for "which gyachi" after I uninstalled it and installed the libs -- I didn't realize that the libs file wasn't the program. I've been in the Windows world too long, I'm afraid. "which gyachi" now yields "/usr/bin/gyachi".

There isn't a libxml folder:

# ls /usr/lib/libxml
ls: /usr/lib/libxml: No such file or directory
but there are several files close to it:

# ls /usr/lib/libx(tab)
libxine.so.1       libxml2.so.2.6.26  libxmms.so.1       libxslt.so.1
libxine.so.1.16.0  libxml.so.1        libxmms.so.1.3.1   libxslt.so.1.1.17
libxml2.so.2       libxmms.so         libxslt-plugins/   
Not sure where you're going with it, though...