Since you guys like Vista themes so much

For talk and support relating specifically to Puppy derivatives
ttuuxxx

#21 Post by ttuuxxx »

Just wondering why the taskbar files aren't in a taskbar folder and the menu button isn't named linux.xpm?

Albi

#22 Post by Albi »

ttuuxxx wrote:Just wondering why the taskbar files aren't in a taskbar folder and the menu button isn't named linux.xpm?
The taskbar files SHOULD be in their own folder... unless the theme didn't package itself properly. It's named icewm.xpm instead of linux.xpm because either work I think.

WhoDo

#23 Post by WhoDo »

Albi wrote:
ttuuxxx wrote:Just wondering why the taskbar files aren't in a taskbar folder and the menu button isn't named linux.xpm?
The taskbar files SHOULD be in their own folder... unless the theme didn't package itself properly. It's named icewm.xpm instead of linux.xpm because either work I think.
Yep! In fact earlier versions of IceWM required using linux.xpm or start.xpm, so all my themes use icewm.xpm with relative links to that from linux.xpm and start.xpm so they can be used on earlier versions.

@Albi - I have a very good theme that could be a GREAT theme if you could tell me how you got rid of the borders on the buttons in the quicklaunch area of the taskbar. I've fiddled around looking for a clue and haven't succeeded ... yet. Any help here would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
[i]Actions speak louder than words ... and they usually work when words don't![/i]
SIP:whodo@proxy01.sipphone.com; whodo@realsip.com

ttuuxxx

#24 Post by ttuuxxx »

WhoDo wrote:
Albi wrote:
Yep! In fact earlier versions of IceWM required using linux.xpm or start.xpm, so all my themes use icewm.xpm with relative links to that from linux.xpm and start.xpm so they can be used on earlier versions.

@Albi - I have a very good theme that could be a GREAT theme if you could tell me how you got rid of the borders on the buttons in the quicklaunch area of the taskbar. I've fiddled around looking for a clue and haven't succeeded ... yet. Any help here would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Hey WhoDo do you have a link, I'll Take a look also if you would like?.
ttuuxx
http://audio.online-convert.com/ <-- excellent site
http://samples.mplayerhq.hu/A-codecs/ <-- Codec Test Files
http://html5games.com/ <-- excellent HTML5 games :)

WhoDo

#25 Post by WhoDo »

ttuuxxx wrote:
WhoDo wrote:@Albi - I have a very good theme that could be a GREAT theme if you could tell me how you got rid of the borders on the buttons in the quicklaunch area of the taskbar. I've fiddled around looking for a clue and haven't succeeded ... yet. Any help here would be greatly appreciated.
Hey WhoDo do you have a link, I'll Take a look also if you would like?.
ttuuxx
Thanks, ttuuxx.
The IceWM Themes HOWTO is here: http://www.icewm.org/themes/
and the IceWM Manual is here: http://www.icewm.org/manual/
My old eyes are getting crossed up trying to find the clue on this problem, but Albi seems to already have it solved. Any help appreciated. Thanks.
[i]Actions speak louder than words ... and they usually work when words don't![/i]

Albi

#26 Post by Albi »

It's actually VERY simple!
All you have to do is add

Look=flat

To the default.theme file

Theme updated as well, the taskbar was fixed so all of the pixmaps are not level except for one (did on purpose to give some separation)

WhoDo

#27 Post by WhoDo »

Albi wrote:It's actually VERY simple!
All you have to do is add

Look=flat

To the default.theme file

Theme updated as well, the taskbar was fixed so all of the pixmaps are not level except for one (did on purpose to give some separation)
Thanks, Albi. It worked a charm. I actually tried that before but failed to notice another Look= further down in the default.theme file. I'm now a VERY happy camper! :P

IceWM Theme - Coppermine
Gtk Theme - MyUbuntu
Wallpaper - Violin
Desktop Icons - Custom
Folder icons - Custom
Mouse cursors - AeroDS: Aero with drop shadow
Seamonkey 1.17
Seafox Seamonkey Theme
CuteMenus Seamonkey Extension
Forecastfox Seamonkey Extension
Window Shadows by MU