FoxPup .....

For talk and support relating specifically to Puppy derivatives
Dummie

FoxPup .....

#1 Post by Dummie »

Todd .... You have done excellent and remarkable work with puppy ..
Your latest work is GREAT ... my favorite ... FOXPUP !

BUT ..... wireless ... doesn't work on my new DELL notebook.... other versions of puppy do AND FoxPup works on my OLD Toshiba notebook.

I sure wish it would do wireless on the Dell.

My puppy wish is for a new version .. "WiPUP?" .... for dummies like me .... is a NEW puppy that would AUTOMATICALLY recognize Dell as well as other wireless ... AND ... have NO software other than that required to download and install whatever packages wanted by the individual users.

ROY,
a linux DUMMY

geneven

My Dell Wireless

#2 Post by geneven »

My Dell Latitude D800 with wireless bcm43xx works great, though I have to go through the manual instructions given in the wiki under wireless. It's fairly easy to find. Basically the instructions are

type

iwconfig (this gives you the current network cards available, I guess)

iwconfig eth1 channel 6 essid "name goes here" mode managed key securitycodegoeshere
(the channel for my system is something I learned from running the graphic wifi connect program)

ifconfig eth1 internalipaddressofcard

route add -net default gw ipaddressofgatewayrouter

Then you have to go to /etc/resolv.config and put in the ip addresses of the dns server and backup.

I seem to be able to dispense with the 255.255.255.0 mentioned in the wiki instructions.

I try to ping www.google.com in between the above commands to see if I'm connected yet.

Todd

#3 Post by Todd »

You are very right. I need to update Foxpup. I will see what I can do.

Sincerely,

Todd