where can I download the 8 MB micropuppy ?

For talk and support relating specifically to Puppy derivatives
Caneri

#21 Post by Caneri »

I see the ip you just posted was not in the public until now...maybe I should watch out for you...

hmmm
[color=darkred][i]Be not afraid to grow slowly, only be afraid of standing still.[/i]
Chinese Proverb[/color]

Previously known as Guest

#22 Post by Previously known as Guest »

Caneri wrote:I see the ip you just posted was not in the public until now...maybe I should watch out for you...

hmmm
Public info.

Caneri

#23 Post by Caneri »

no worries....I see you are a nut...you take my info I send to you and publish it...still no matter...but the puppy project is my main concern.

If I fail it will be because of me...you can't do much..so have a great time banning me...it will not help Puppy but I'm done with you.
[color=darkred][i]Be not afraid to grow slowly, only be afraid of standing still.[/i]
Chinese Proverb[/color]

#24 Post by Previously known as Guest »

Caneri wrote:no worries....I see you are a nut...you take my info I send to you and publish it...still no matter...but the puppy project is my main concern.

If I fail it will be because of me...you can't do much..so have a great time banning me...it will not help Puppy but I'm done with you.
Public info if one simply does a whois.

Looked in the mirror lately ;)

As I've been done with you since I blocked you some time ago & interestingly... abuse of pkagfiles has almost stopped!

Caneri

#25 Post by Caneri »

hmmmm...try not to ban the universities as well..they may have a use for our servers

http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewto ... 644#127736

look closer to what I really said..
Last edited by Caneri on Mon 03 Dec 2007, 03:28, edited 1 time in total.
Chinese Proverb[/color]

#26 Post by Previously known as Guest »

Caneri wrote:hmmmm...try not to ban the universities as well..they may have a use for our servers.
I try not to block when not needed.

There are some cases of abuse from "universities" I try not to block .edu addys

Caneri

#27 Post by Caneri »

yes me too
Chinese Proverb[/color]

Caneri

#28 Post by Caneri »

I have had 16000 hits this week...I see no need to block but only a few..the meta-links klu9 is setting up are but another blessing for our servers.

I see no need to link pkagfiles to puppylinux.ca thus there is nothing to complain about for either of us...I think this thread is dead..n'est pas?
Chinese Proverb[/color]

#29 Post by Previously known as Guest »

Caneri wrote:I have had 16000 hits this week...I see no need to block but only a few..the meta-links klu9 is setting up are but another blessing for our servers.

I see no need to link pkagfiles to puppylinux.ca thus there is nothing to complain about for either of us...I think this thread is dead..n'est pas?
I agree, I'm not trying to block klu9 or his efforts of editing & improving the wiki. :)

As I've found after reviewing logs, less than 10% of connections & bandwidth usage is legitimate, too each their there own & YMMV.

Caneri

#30 Post by Caneri »

YMMV..?

My logs show a bunch of tire kickers...BUT..I get many downloads..legitimate ones...thus a success
Chinese Proverb[/color]

Caneri

#31 Post by Caneri »

Previously known as Guest wrote:
As I've found after reviewing logs, less than 10% of connections & bandwidth usage is legitimate, too each their there own & YMMV.
hmmm..maybe it's pakgfiles I am having a problem with...I never thought of it until you said the above...I'll do a test ban on pakgfiles for a day and watch my logs VERY closely.
Chinese Proverb[/color]

Keo_Kyzuki

#32 Post by Keo_Kyzuki »

Previously known as Guest wrote: As I've found after reviewing logs, less than 10% of connections & bandwidth usage is legitimate, too each their there own & YMMV.
It's no wonder you've got less than 10% of your connections and bandwidth legitimate. Most of it's coming from tinyurl, or people just lost and don't know where they're going. Maybe you've pissed someone off, and they're getting revenge. Or, you just don't know how to secure your server, and there are Russians hosting massive pr0n off of it.

You've got stupid redirects, for things you don't even NEED them for. "http://tinyurl.com/22drg5" Should not exist. Instead, it should be: "http://pkagfiles.net/.puppy-official-Kn6/" Wow, go figure, it's on the same server! You sir, should re-code the index page. Save people the wasted time, and send them where they need to be, instead of a tinyurl redirect.
--The Doctor has spoken.
-Don't like it? Get over it. Nobody wants to hear you cry, because somebody told you the truth.

Caneri

#33 Post by Caneri »

after looking at my logs...pakgfiles may be my problem.

@klu9..sorry if I mess up your great work..but a ban on pakgfiles is in order.

I will pm you klu9 and we can work out the details with regards to the meta-links.

redirects/hotlinks from pakgfiles are a problem for my server...and a personal attack on my home ip is more than likely from pakgfiles... now that I think of it..took me a while to catch on.

It is a sorry state when a long time Puppy server turns out to be a long time spammer.

Guest.it's from your own words that tipped me off...sheesh

With my regrets,
Eric/caneri
Chinese Proverb[/color]

#34 Post by Previously known as Guest »

Caneri wrote:after looking at my logs...pakgfiles may be my problem.

@klu9..sorry if I mess up your great work..but a ban on pakgfiles is in order.

I will pm you klu9 and we can work out the details with regards to the meta-links.

redirects/hotlinks from pakgfiles are a problem for my server...and a personal attack on my home ip is more than likely from pakgfiles... now that I think of it..took me a while to catch on.

It is a sorry state when a long time Puppy server turns out to be a long time spammer.

Guest.it's from your own words that tipped me off...sheesh

With my regrets,
Eric/caneri
Re: pkagfiles
Absolute Bullshit that you are spewing! Maybe time to get over yourself. :roll:

#35 Post by Previously known as Guest »

Keo_Kyzuki wrote:
Previously known as Guest wrote: As I've found after reviewing logs, less than 10% of connections & bandwidth usage is legitimate, too each their there own & YMMV.
It's no wonder you've got less than 10% of your connections and bandwidth legitimate. Most of it's coming from tinyurl, or people just lost and don't know where they're going. Maybe you've pissed someone off, and they're getting revenge. Or, you just don't know how to secure your server, and there are Russians hosting massive pr0n off of it.

You've got stupid redirects, for things you don't even NEED them for. "http://tinyurl.com/22drg5" Should not exist. Instead, it should be: "http://pkagfiles.net/.puppy-official-Kn6/" Wow, go figure, it's on the same server! You sir, should re-code the index page. Save people the wasted time, and send them where they need to be, instead of a tinyurl redirect.
I use TinyURLs to help in tracking the abuse for many months & makes interesting logs as well. The redirects are to the specific directory on pkagfiles, no where else, period!

Large attacks have stopped over a month ago.

Keo_Kyzuki

#36 Post by Keo_Kyzuki »

Previously known as Guest wrote: I use TinyURLs to help in tracking the abuse for many months & makes interesting logs as well. The redirects are to the specific directory on pkagfiles, no where else, period!

Large attacks have stopped over a month ago.
Still doesn't explain why only a little bit of your bandwidth usage is legit. You should look into wiping the server clean, starting anew, and maybe this time, not letting it be so exposed to attacks.

Don't tell me it's not exposed, or it's secure. That's obviously bullshit. I would be willing to bet that your server's been compromised, and someone named Boris or Dimitri is having the time of their lives. It's time you get over yourself, leave caneri alone, and redo your server so we can all stop listening to you whine.

(A note to the OP (Joydeep): I apologize for what's gone on in this thread. It seems the one continues to deny, and won't pull his head out of his cloud.)
--The Doctor has spoken.
-Don't like it? Get over it. Nobody wants to hear you cry, because somebody told you the truth.

#37 Post by Previously known as Guest »

Keo_Kyzuki wrote: Still doesn't explain why only a little bit of your bandwidth usage is legit. You should look into wiping the server clean, starting anew, and maybe this time, not letting it be so exposed to attacks.

Don't tell me it's not exposed, or it's secure. That's obviously bullshit. I would be willing to bet that your server's been compromised, and someone named Boris or Dimitri is having the time of their lives. It's time you get over yourself, leave caneri alone, and redo your server so we can all stop listening to you whine.

(A note to the OP (Joydeep): I apologize for what's gone on in this thread. It seems the one continues to deny, and won't pull his head out of his cloud.)

As the server isn't mine, it's called shared hosting for a reason. I know exactly what is on pkagfiles account & what isn't. The hardware is out of my control, so I use scripts & logging to monitor & control things. Lets look at who actually started the shit & posting false claims concerning pkagfiles. I have & will in the future post pics as proof of abuses.

Back on topic please.

cb88

#38 Post by cb88 »

wonder if it is a windows host.....

that might explain a lot...
Taking Puppy Linux to the limit of perfection. meanwhile try "puppy pfix=duct_tape" kernel parem eater.
X86: Sager NP6110 3630QM 16GB ram, Tyan Thunder 2 2x 300Mhz
Sun: SS2 , LX , SS5 , SS10 , SS20 ,Ultra 1, Ultra 10 , T2000
Mac: Platinum Plus, SE/30