Pcdripper (PBcdripper) - version 2.9 posted

Stuff that has yet to be sorted into a category.
plinej

#141 Post by plinej »

I've got PawdioConverter-0.1 all written. I'm testing it out now. It supports all sox and ffmpeg formats as well as all the formats in PBcdripper-2.3. It has the same tagging option as PBcdripper for wma, mp3, m4a, and ogg. I don't see any potential problems so I'll run thru some tests and post it if I'm satisfied.

plinej

#142 Post by plinej »

plinej

#143 Post by plinej »

updated to 2.4 to support gtkdialog3

plinej

#144 Post by plinej »

updated to 2.5

Nathan F

#145 Post by Nathan F »

Is it just me, or did you do a serious code cleanout on this? Either way I've updated again.

Nathan
Bring on the locusts ...

plinej

#146 Post by plinej »

maybe a little but not much. Basically just made it work with gtkdialog3 and changed/added a couple of things.

plinej

#147 Post by plinej »

2.6 is now up

Nathan F

#148 Post by Nathan F »

I changed one small thing in my copy. I changed the stock icon for the rip process from "gtk-cdrom" to "gtk-execute" so it is a different icon from the button next to it, and one that makes a lot of sense to me, since this button executes the rip.

Nathan
Bring on the locusts ...

plinej

#149 Post by plinej »

Good idea. I didn't like it after I did but just haven't gotten around to updating again.

Flash
Official Dog Handler

#150 Post by Flash »

I discovered last night that if PBcdripper can't read a track on a CD, and I tell it to give up, my computer locks up and the only thing that will free it up is a hard reboot. This happened twice. I was trying to convert one track (the last track of 26 on a CD) to mp3, but the drive couldn't read the track. FWIW, I had checked the 'disable paranoia' and 'disable extra paranoia' boxes. After it had tried for 5 or 10 minutes without success, I told PBcdripper to quit. That's when everything locked up. Then I did it all again to make sure.

The first time it happened, the Free Memory box turned red although there should have been several hundred MB. The second time, Free Memory stayed blue and there was plenty of RAM left, but it still froze up.
[url=http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=69321][color=blue]Puppy Help 101 - an interactive tutorial for Lupu 5.25[/color][/url]

plinej

#151 Post by plinej »

You may want to try with the "exit on a bad read" box checked. I think cdparanoia will keep trying until it's done. When you say you told it to give up did you click the "stop rip process" button? That will send a "killall cdparanoia" command. Not sure if that helps at all since I haven't run into that problem yet.

maddox

#152 Post by maddox »

hello plinej,
looking on the cdparanoia site, no mention about selecting multiple tracks to rip,
say tracks 1-3 and 6 and 12-15 and 23.
any ideas if it could be implemented with maybe a batch call with your gui
or maybe it's already in there and i didn't see it .
btw, i just translated it into french for esmourguit
thanks for your gui Image
maddox
Last edited by maddox on Sun 04 Nov 2007, 03:42, edited 1 time in total.

plinej

#153 Post by plinej »

Right now if you uncheck the "rip the full cd" box, the "Enter range or single track" entry box will become active. In that box you could enter "1-3" to just rip the first 3 tracks, etc...

maddox

#154 Post by maddox »

hello plinej,
I'm rephrasing my last post.
from what i understand, your gui is limited to what paranoia can do in one go.
This makes sense as you depend on the underlying program to do all the work.
Paranoia won't let you do multiple, not in order tracks in one go.
So if i still want to rip multiple, not necessarily sequential tracks, from the same CD in one go,
it looks like that i have to do it in several sessions.
thanks in advance for the clarification
maddox

plinej

#155 Post by plinej »

Yes, you are correct, that's currently the case.

plinej

#156 Post by plinej »

I posted an early version of some new code. It is Pcdripper 2.9. I posted some notes on the first page about it and posted a snapshot. You'll need to unpack it and place it somewhere in your $PATH (i.e. /usr/sbin/).

This new version utilizes cddb_query (it's in puppy 4 not sure if it's in older puppies or what package it comes from) for getting cd information from the online database. Make sure "cddb_query" is in your path.

You can also do manual tags from within the gui or no tags at all. If you choose no tags you can enter your "preceding name for tracks" just like before. If you choose one of the tagging options you can choose the format for which you want your files to be named as. T=track, N=name, A=artist, Y=year, L=album, & G=genre. So if you want your track to have the track number & the song name in the name of the file you would put "TN" (w/o the quotes) on the line. The script will automatically put hyphens between each option.

The ripping options are pretty much the same as before except I added a checkbox to play a sound when finished. The script finds a suitable cli media player and plays /usr/share/audio/2barks.wav if checked.

The select audio format is in the upper right pull down menu now. Select your desired format and that format will populate to the un-editable box at the bottom of the gui.

I did away with the setting your preferences dialog and instead the program will save the majority of your options from your last session.

All Xdialog is gone.

Right now support is only available for:
flac
shn (shorten) (non-taggable)
mp3 (lame)
ogg (oggenc)
and of course wav

I have cdparanoia piped into the encoder now via stdout. This way there will be no temp wav files since the encoding is being done at the same time ripping is.

If someone knows who to pipe cdparanoia's stdout into ffmpeg (for wma) & mac (ape) let me know. I couldn't get it to work.

I haven't made the new help.html file so clicking help won't do anything yet.

Well, like I said, it's probably got some bugs since I haven't done alot with it yet but I wanted to get some testers on it.

Flash
Official Dog Handler

#157 Post by Flash »

I'd love to test it if I could find the time but I don't think I will, anytime soon. :(
[url=http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=69321][color=blue]Puppy Help 101 - an interactive tutorial for Lupu 5.25[/color][/url]

plinej

#158 Post by plinej »

That's fine. I've done some revising and heavily commented my code. I also just finished up the revised help html file. I'll post a pet package soon for version 2.9.1. I think I'll start a new thread too. I've been doing some testing and it seems to do everything I want.

plinej

#159 Post by plinej »

Okay, this thread should now be dead. Please post new comments to:

http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?p=157790