ChurchPup

For talk and support relating specifically to Puppy derivatives
Subito Piano

Never mind!

#221 Post by Subito Piano »

Hmm - i wondered why i was up this late....now i know. I tried the jantiorofGod website again and managed to download all the dotpets there, i think. They are reposting to the school's server as i write this and should be done whilst i drift off to sleep. Do check up on me. Full day tomorrow what with car brakes and twin sisters' 40th! (Ahhh, youth.... :D )

LOF

#222 Post by LOF »

Thanks everyone, you guys are really doing some awesome work. If we get enough interest I will consider going all out with a website but for now if hosting with a couple of you guys is ok then that's what we'll do.

I guess my aim for this pup is to take it to the level where it can be seen as semi-indepedent (i.e. like Grafpup). But that's proably a long way down the line and will involve more people and more expertise.

For the greater good.
Cheers,

[b]LOF[/b]
:D

Subito Piano

#223 Post by Subito Piano »

OK! It's up and ready on this end.

LOF

#224 Post by LOF »

Alpha released. - Announcement here.
Cheers,

[b]LOF[/b]

Subito Piano

#225 Post by Subito Piano »

Congrats, LOF!!! Blessings and thanks all 'round -- may the Lord see fit to use this little "nut" and turn it into a sturdy oak.

Say, this thread is getting really L-O-N-G !! Perhaps it's time to start a new one for the Alpha release?

BTW, i will be away for a few daze...lemme know ASAP if any changes are needed to the "home" page...

LOF

#226 Post by LOF »

PrairieDog's done an awesome job. Thanks must really go all to him.

As to the new thread. I'll start a new one in a moment.
Cheers,

[b]LOF[/b]

LOF

#227 Post by LOF »

Cheers,

[b]LOF[/b]

wantaprs

Bible software

#228 Post by wantaprs »

I'm a little late to the Forum but wanted to make a comment on bible software.
My friends and I have found e-sword very easy to use.
It has windows and a little known mac version but I am unsure whether
there is a Linux version.
You may have to install it under some type of virtual machine.
the url is listed below

Keep up the good work

Wantaprs

http://www.e-sword.net/

Subito Piano

#229 Post by Subito Piano »

Welcome wantaprs!! Your input is always welcome; however, as noted in the previous post, the forum has moved to http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=23355. You may wish to re-post there.

Yes, E-Sword does wok under wine, at least in Ubuntu CE. I've not tried it in Puppy but if you wish to boot up Puppy, add the wine dotpet and try e-Sword, let us know how it goes; at any rate, we can post it on the ChurchPup home page for others' use.

Blessings!

cretsiah

churchpup

#230 Post by cretsiah »

I am currently burning copies of this 2 send 2 some friends of mine.....think they will love it 2....... :D :D

I really like what you have done with this lol if you remaster it slighty you can carry this aound instead of the bible a cd weighs a lot less lol

thanx for the great work

Subito Piano

#231 Post by Subito Piano »

Credit goes to PrairieDog and LOF...i'm just the PR/website guy, tho' i am thinking about remastering ChapelPup this summer, based on 4.1 Dingo. Probably just a pipe dream.

Due to copyright restrictions we can't include e-sword BUT we CAN put together a version with Wine all pre-configured so a user can just download and install e-sword easily. So i hope. Perhaps with Rick Meyer's permission (he's the author of e-sword) someone could put together a dotpet-?? He told me that he was fine with the Ubuntu installer for e-sword. I think it also requires MS-TTF corefonts as well, and i bet that also cannot be distributed pre-installed in a Puppy version....sigh...

LOF

#232 Post by LOF »

You're much more than just the PR guy Subito! Thanks again for all your help.

Its great to see some continued interest. Hopefully we'll work a bit more on ChurchPup over the next few weeks and months. Keep your eyes peeled!

I seem to have lost contact with PrairieDog, so if you're around buddy drop me an email.
Cheers,

[b]LOF[/b]