IBM Think pad 365XD bad picture

Problems and successes with specific brands/models of computer video hardware
daton1

IBM Think pad 365XD bad picture

#1 Post by daton1 »

Hello
Soory my english, my notebook IBM thinkpad P-133 40Mb ram has problem in server x (XORG ). Puppy linux runing onli in xaves server max 0x0103 = 800x600x4. Not function xorg. Pleas how solwe problem that displaying at LCD. In windows notebok can imaging 800x600X256 color not problem.
In puppy linux can be done by manes? Copes with driver image resolution in xavesa 800x600x256? What size mark (0x... ) ihave order?
thank you for answer :(

wombatsami

Thinkpad problems 2

#2 Post by wombatsami »

Maybe I'll add my question to this thread rather than start a brand new one. I am trying to use Puppy on an old Thinkpad 310 that once had Win98 on it. Most of the stuff worked out fine but after setup showing full screen, the screen shrinks when puppy is up and running. I've tried the various xvesa-xaorg solutions as best I could, but so far no success.
I know the laptop is old, but for what I want-- once the screen issue is resolved-- puppy absolutely looks like the way to go. Maybe the solution to daton1 and my problem is similar?? I would appreciate any resolution to this worry. I am fairly new to Linux, very new to Puppy Linux but keen to learn. Thanks.
Regards,
Wombatsami