RevPup 2.13 Final

For talk and support relating specifically to Puppy derivatives
lj51

RevPup 2.13 Final

#1 Post by lj51 »

Hi,

RevPup 2.13 has been completed after 5 weeks of playing. It is a 75 mb. iso with Todd's ipup 0.1 as it's core and Firefox as it's browser. Here is what I added to meet my needs:

Xfce 4.2.3.2 as the window manager
MTpaint 3.2
MTpaint sreen capture scripts
Xarchive
Xmms media player with Media Tower Skin
gKrellm 2.1.28
Xpdf
Textmaker Word Processor
Planmaker Spreadsheet
Three new wallpapers
Six new themes
Added some new icons

The experience was very educational and I would recommend making your own puplet to anyone regardless of Linux knowledge. It's a great way to learn.

RevPup is available for public download at http://www.puppylinux.ca/members/RevPup/ A special thanks to Caneri for hosting RevPup. Enjoy.

Lobster
Official Crustacean

Re: RevPup 2.13 Final

#2 Post by Lobster »

Update
Could not get past the xorgwizard - xvesa tried to load (but you need xorg for xfce) and xvesa actually displayed at something like 300 x 200 res . . .
Revpup seems to be calling directories that it does not have, such as "extrapolations" Not really sure what to suggest or how to fix this without a remaster . . . Have you tested it on other computers?
Could I have a faulty download? How are others getting on?
Hi,

RevPup 2.13 has been completed after 5 weeks of playing. It is a 75 mb. iso with Todd's ipup 0.1 as it's core and Firefox as it's browser.
Excellent. Well done. :) Small small core with a fav browser
only I could not get in see above update . . .
Xfce 4.2.3.2 as the window manager
I prefer this to Gnome and KDE
The latest versions are completely stable 8)
MTpaint 3.2
look foward to checking out that . . .
Textmaker Word Processor
good choice - very underrated
Planmaker Spreadsheet
there is a limit on the size (unless you buy the full version) but great for small spreadsheets
The experience was very educational and I would recommend making your own puplet to anyone regardless of Linux knowledge. It's a great way to learn.
It is.
I think a lot of people have a go but do not share the results (for their personal use only)
Thanks for sharing
A special thanks to Caneri for hosting RevPup. Enjoy.
Yes I wish to thank him for his kind hosting too :)
Last edited by Lobster on Sat 27 Oct 2007, 04:14, edited 1 time in total.
Puppy Raspup 8.2Final 8)
Puppy Links Page http://www.smokey01.com/bruceb/puppy.html :D

lj51

#3 Post by lj51 »

Lobster,

Sorry about the xorg problem. It worked just fine on the PIII 700 mhz that I made this on. It also worked well on my wife's high-end machine.

Any suggestions on how to fix the problem for I am clueless on this one. Hopefully that's the only problem with the build. I'll search the Forum and see what I can come up with. Glad you like RevPup otherwise.

Edit: I just fired up Puppy 2.15CE and got the same complaint with xorg. It says: error /etc/extraeplation - no such file or directory. Is this a xorg problem with this version? Maybe that's why 2.15CE uses icewm instead of Xfce. Now I'm really confused.