TEENpup 2.14 is Here! Download Now!

For talk and support relating specifically to Puppy derivatives
john biles

TEENpup 2.14 is Here! Download Now!

#1 Post by john biles »

Hello Everyone,
You can now download TEENpup 2.14

You may be asking why the new version of TEENpup is still based on Puppy 2.14 and not the new Puppy 3.00 series?

As Puppy 2.14 uses the 2.6.18 Linux kernel and alot of Apps made by members of the forum run fine with that kernel but are giving trouble with later versions, it was decided to keep the New TEENpup on a Puppy 2.14 base and refine it. This doesn't mean that nothing from newer versions of Puppy haven't found their way into TEENpup 2.14

Also one last comment, reading about xvesa bugs and others with Puppy 3.00 because of the major changes under the skin of Puppy and the time needed to fix all these problems, I won't release a TEENpup based on the Puppy 3 series until we have a wonderful stable Puppy base to build on.

Please download for here http://puppyisos.org/isos/2007-07-to-12/
New added Mirror hosted by PuppyLinux.ca download from here http://www.puppylinux.ca/puppyfiles/cus ... up2.14.iso

See forum link for more info

http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=22498
Last edited by john biles on Tue 16 Oct 2007, 14:26, edited 4 times in total.
Legacy OS 2017 has been released.

john biles

#2 Post by john biles »

TEENpup 2.14 now comes with Flash 9r48 , JAVA 1.5.08 and RealPlayer Web Browser Plugins for Seamonkey.
With 3 different Media Players EG: Gxine, VLC and RealPlayer most of your needs are covered.
Attachments
Media.jpg
(100.01 KiB) Downloaded 2726 times

john biles

#3 Post by john biles »

TEENpup 2.14 also comes with a range of Audio Apps to cover alot of your needs.
While the size of the iso at 404mb's might seem to large for a Puppy version, what's included makes TEENpup 2.14 a useful version of Linux for a newbie to start with.
Attachments
Audio.jpg
(142.77 KiB) Downloaded 2639 times

john biles

#4 Post by john biles »

I swapped the way Apps are listed in TEENpup's menu.
In the past it would read Gxine Player or The Gimp or Abiword, while experienced Linux users know what these are a newbie might not.
What I tried to do is discribe what the app does first then list its Linux name.
TEENpup is aimed at Users who just want to use their PC day to day.
Attachments
menu.jpg
(146.13 KiB) Downloaded 3004 times

john biles

#5 Post by john biles »

I've heard reports that Flash Crashes in Puppy 3.00 when viewing Yahoo Movies website, no problem here
Attachments
yahoo.jpg
(128.73 KiB) Downloaded 2554 times

john biles

#6 Post by john biles »

TEENpup 2.14 now comes with CUPS printing that works with the include KDE Apps
The amount of CUPS printer drivers included in TEENpup 2.14 is double what is included in CUPS that comes with Puppy 2.17 giving user's more change of having their printer supported.
Attachments
Printing.jpg
(122.05 KiB) Downloaded 2488 times

john biles

#7 Post by john biles »

Hello everyone,
Always wanted to run KDE Apps in a Puppy based distro, but couldn't because of all the required dependancies, well now there's a very good chance you can.
This screenshot is of Varicad 2007 trial. It's a 42mb download.
How long to get working in TEENpup 2.14, less than 10 minutes.
It started as a debian package, was converted with undeb/unrpm.

Next all that had to be done is copy over all the files into their correct directories, drag the exe file in usr/bin to the desktop and away it went.

Only sad part about it is that this version of Varicad is a 30 day trial.

jcoder24

#8 Post by jcoder24 »

Looks rather nice, what's the name of that icewm theme you are using and where can I find it?

MU

#9 Post by MU »

the theme is in the latest ezpup, too.
It is called "Xtreme-animated".
http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=22327

wait, I'll attach it, extract it to:
/root/icewm/themes

Mark
Attachments
Xtreme-Animated.tar.gz
(93.49 KiB) Downloaded 785 times

muggins

#10 Post by muggins »

well done john. i've just dloaded 2.14, after several attempts, and you've got everything in there except the Out house sink! i like!

john biles

#11 Post by john biles »

Hello muggins,
I glad you like it, I don't know if you'll use it regularly at all, but if you do and find a problem, I know there's a good chance you'll have a fix for it.
As you know, with Linux your always learning some new trick or fix, so it nice to know someone with your skill is trying TEENpup. :D

muggins

#12 Post by muggins »

somebody of my skill....will have a fix for it? yeah, i'll ask you john. that's how skillful i am!

but i think it's wonderful how barry's provided such fertile soil for people to make their own pupversions, like your creation, tttuuxx's, hacao's, gray's NOP etc. all sharing a solid core, yet all having different complexions.

(i'm too frightened to try lobster's tmxxine as i have visions of being sucked into a vortex of a // universe where, at xmas time, scared children scream as they sit on the lap of a freddy krueger crustacean santa claws!)

sketchman

#13 Post by sketchman »

I've been using teenpup for about a week now. One thing annoys the life outa' me. When I scroll in Seamonkey and some other apps, it's like the screen has to refresh every few seconds instead of scrolling smoothly. Also, I can't drag a window. I click the window and move the mouse but it stays in the same place until I release the click.

Is there some setting to fix this?
"In a world that exists without walls and fences, who needs Windows and Gates?"

Lobster
Official Crustacean

#14 Post by Lobster »

Well I think TeenPup
is one of the best of the 'megapups'
Just so much great software.
Everything working.
Fun.
(i'm too frightened to try lobster's tmxxine as i have visions of being sucked into a vortex of a // universe where, at xmas time, scared children scream as they sit on the lap of a freddy krueger crustacean
santa claws!)
:lol:
Time traveling and multi dimensional travel is safe for children. Adults unfortunately often do not believe such things are feasible . . .

Here is a picture of me as Santa Claws

those brave enough to try (you will be safe)
http://tmxxine.com/tmx/

8)
Puppy Raspup 8.2Final 8)
Puppy Links Page http://www.smokey01.com/bruceb/puppy.html :D

acidburned

#15 Post by acidburned »

teenpup is great,except the live cd wont run on a machine i had with 128mb ram.works fine with my 1gb ram machine though.

muggins

#16 Post by muggins »

acidburned:

if you can't create a swap partition, can you use a swap file?

lobster:

that pic of you wearing the xmas cap looks familiar to me. you wouldn't happen to know any mock turtles perchance?

acidburned

#17 Post by acidburned »

im sure i can use a swap,ill just have to repartition my drive to linux and get rid of windblows.

muggins

#18 Post by muggins »

you can create a swapfile on your windows partition, that way you don't have to get rid of it. just search the forum for swapfile.

SurferJoe

Teenpup is great

#19 Post by SurferJoe »

Really very impressed with this distro - great work!
Was running PuppyLinux but could not get Azureus to work for the life of me - yet here in TeenPup it works just fine.
Still early days for me with this distro and still finding new programs to see what they do for me.
Initially I expected to see OpenOffice but the low end replacements are just as useful and load so much quicker.

Trying at present to get a cover program or template going for DVD and CD covers - used to use Nero on Windows and really don't want to have to dual boot just for that.
Will find something eventually.

Yep , as expected found a template for Scribus.
Also noted a suggestion for printing the DVD/CD discs themselves - my printer supports USB sticks so just copy the images across , plug in and use the printers internal software to print the discs themselves.

Goodbye Windows!

john biles

#20 Post by john biles »

Hello SurferJoe,
You can also print CD labels with the app called glabels which you will find in "Documents" in the menu and goes by the name "Create Labels, Business Cards"

I hope you continue to enjoy TEENpup and welcome to the Puppy Linux forum.