veronicathecow

#101 Post by veronicathecow »

Hi, anyone know of a UK source for the Ebox
Thanks

raffy

try this site

#102 Post by raffy »

Try to follow the "contact us" link here: http://www.compactpc.com.tw/
Puppy user since Oct 2004. Want FreeOffice? [url=http://puppylinux.info/topic/freeoffice-2012-sfs]Get the sfs (English only)[/url].

veronicathecow

#103 Post by veronicathecow »

Thanks Raffy

veronicathecow

#105 Post by veronicathecow »

Thanks Frankpky. I might up going for at jet 2.Ghz 20w machine now.

http://www.medicinstudent.dk/JetwayJ7F2/index.html

from these people who seem the cheapest so far.

http://www.itx-warehouse.co.uk/Product. ... ductID=665

Cheers
Tony

frankpky

ebox 2300 LAN chip not detected

#106 Post by frankpky »

hi,

I've been testing my eBox-2300, booting from a USB-pen drive.

The main problem up to now is that the ethernet chipset is not detected.

Anyone can help, please ?

tnx.

pakt

Re: ebox 2300 LAN chip not detected

#107 Post by pakt »

frankpky wrote:hi,

I've been testing my eBox-2300, booting from a USB-pen drive.

The main problem up to now is that the ethernet chipset is not detected.

Anyone can help, please ?

tnx.
I'm using eBoxPup-2.13-0.1a on my eBox-2300 right now to play some MP3's using GQmpeg ;)

Regarding the ethernet chipset, first make sure you copied zdrv_213.sfs to your USB pen. Then reboot and click on the 'connect' icon, then 'Connect to Internet by network interface...' to open the network wizard. You should see that the '8139too' module is loaded.

Now click on 'eth0', then 'Test eth0' to see if your cable is connected. If alive, and you have a DHCP server, just click on 'Auto DHCP' and you should get the 'Successful' message. Click 'Yes' to save the configuration. That's it!

I just did the steps above after booting into RAM and it worked perfectly :)

Paul
Methinks Raspberry Pi were ideal for runnin' Puppy Linux

pakt

Re: Max screen resolution with eboxpup and ebox-2300

#108 Post by pakt »

asejua wrote:I've just get an ebox 2300 and installed the eboxpup without problems but I can't put the screen resolution more than 800x600 pixels. I have an hp 17" lcd screen and the lcd's osd shows a message saying the vga adaptor frequency it's out of limits when I try 1024x768 or more tho screen it's prepared to 1280x1024/60hz and the eboxpup X tests says the monitor and vga supports that resolutions.
Yes, I get that same problem when trying to use Xvesa - 800x600 is max without exceeding the monitor's frequency range. I use Xorg instead. I've got my eBox-2300 running at 1280x1024@59.9Hz right now.

Just choose Xorg instead of Xvesa when you boot, then choose your resolution from the list that shows after the hardware probing - it takes a while but works everytime for me ;)

Paul
Methinks Raspberry Pi were ideal for runnin' Puppy Linux

Ed_N

minimum size

#109 Post by Ed_N »

Hi

I have an eBox 2300 running Puppy, until here no problem but I want to use it mainly as a kiosk web browser (full screen) to display just information about a few sensors I got at home. Basically something with an browser is all what I need.

I'm very new to Linux so I decided to use PupBeGone to uninstall some most of the applications that come with eBoxPup. Because Puppy runs from RAM I'm not able to uninstall any application as soon as I reboot they are still there. Is there anyway to run eBoxPup from the Hard Drive (IDE Flash)?

Or is it any other way around it?

Dougal

Re: minimum size

#110 Post by Dougal »

Ed_N wrote:Because Puppy runs from RAM I'm not able to uninstall any application as soon as I reboot they are still there. Is there anyway to run eBoxPup from the Hard Drive (IDE Flash)?

Or is it any other way around it?
You could use PupBeGone and then remaster (before rebooting!) -- that way the "removed" apps won't be in the remaster.

You could probably also do a full install (but I'm not sure if the installer will let you do it, or if you'll need to do it manually: mybe try installing to the IDE flash as if it were a normal IDE drive).
What's the ugliest part of your body?
Some say your nose
Some say your toes
But I think it's your mind

Riley6683

eboxPup on 2300SX

#111 Post by Riley6683 »

Downloaded the latest version and tried to boot on an eBox 2300SX (300MHz but no co-processor). Pup up gave up after not finding the math co-processor. Is there a way to enable math (FPU) emulation in eBoxPup to allow it to work on the 2300SX?

beesfan

Re: eboxPup on 2300SX

#112 Post by beesfan »

Riley6683 wrote:Downloaded the latest version and tried to boot on an eBox 2300SX (300MHz but no co-processor). Pup up gave up after not finding the math co-processor. Is there a way to enable math (FPU) emulation in eBoxPup to allow it to work on the 2300SX?
I'm having the same problem. Any help greatly appreciated.

raffy

no information

#113 Post by raffy »

There is no clear explanation from the sellers whether the 300 mhz ebox is a better or inferior version than the 200 mhz SoC. I guess we're seeing now how the "new" 300 mhz is doing.
Puppy user since Oct 2004. Want FreeOffice? [url=http://puppylinux.info/topic/freeoffice-2012-sfs]Get the sfs (English only)[/url].

frankpky

Re: ebox 2300 LAN chip not detected (SOLVED)

#114 Post by frankpky »

Paul, thank you for your instructions.

The LAN chip was not being detected because the settings that had been saved on the USB pendrive were those of my laptop. So I did a fresh install on a CF, and I'm using my ebox2300 with eboxpup right now...

Installing to CF and getting it to boot should have been a straightforward matter but somehow I turned it into another adventure... sometimes frustrating but when at the end it works, its such a relief and satisfaction... ( Here I really want to thank everyone who contribute in the forum either with their questions, their solutions, their experiments, their ideas, etc... It makes the whole adventure so much less stressful knowing that one is not alone and that there's always at least one helpful hand out there...)

I'm now having a problem with Gparted : up to now I've never been able to get it to even launch !!! Is it a problem with my setup ? Anyone having an explanation ??

As a side note, I've tried Puppy 3.01 on an ebox-3850 and it works like a charm. My 10-yr old desktop PC is actually in a coma and I've sent it to have a checkup. But I'm now really considering ditching it and replace it with the ebox-3850...

Up to now I'm quite satisfied with the performances of the ebox's, but my main concern is how hot they get since they are fanless machines and the chassis is used as a heatsink... I'm mainly concerned about how the heat will affect the components inside and especially a HD because I intend to put 2.5" HDs in them!!! Anyone has any ideas/experience wrt the heat generated by ebox's???

Francois.

nadavkav

unable to boot puppy 2.13 on ebox 2300sx

#115 Post by nadavkav »

i just got an eBox 2300SX and while i boot puppy 2.13
i get "unknown cpu error" and it halts :-(

any ideas ?

wdlDonnie

#116 Post by wdlDonnie »

The 2300SX is quite different than the original eBox-2300. See this thread for details: http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewto ... 73&t=21864

raffy

new Puppy ISO

#117 Post by raffy »

There's a new build of Puppy for the ebox2300sx here:
http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=21864

EDIT: Oh, donnie has it posted already - the thread must have sat in my browser a bit too long before I responded.

Yogi

#118 Post by Yogi »

Unable to download Eboxpup. Anyone else had any success lately?

cthisbear

#119 Post by cthisbear »

Yogi

#120 Post by Yogi »

Not Found

The requested URL was not found on this server.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Servage.net Clustered Webhosting running enhanced Apache Webserver