2.20 Alpha "Happy"

Please post any bugs you have found
burggraf2

Please update Pfind from 2.2 to 2.4

#21 Post by burggraf2 »

I just discovered Pfind included with 2.1.7. It rocks, but the 2.2 version is buggy.

There's a 2.4 pet available that fixes the bugs. Please be sure to move the newer version into Happy.

Thanks.

yangmusa

GTK theme chooser bug on 2.20 alpha

#22 Post by yangmusa »

I haven't installed 2.20 yet, I've been running it using Q (kju emulator for Mac).

Last night I tried to change the gtk theme, selected a theme and clicked ok. The theme chooser window closed, but then Puppy kept opening windows saying something like "gtk info" - I don't remember exactly what the window title was, and the content never loaded - I just shut down the virtual machine because more and more of these windows kept opening...

(If necessary, I can try to reproduce. Puppy runs very slowly in Q though..)

andrei

#23 Post by andrei »

When booting with the parameter layerfs=unionfs
I once got the message at the end of the shutdown:
Segmentation fault busybox umount -ar >/dev/null 2>&1

madplay complains:
madplay: Symbol `id3_build' has different size in shared object, consider re-linking

gxine does not start:
gxine: error while loading shared libraries: libmozjs.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Gill_Baits

#24 Post by Gill_Baits »

!
Last edited by Gill_Baits on Sat 05 Dec 2009, 08:05, edited 1 time in total.

BarryK
Puppy Master

#25 Post by BarryK »

Gill_Baits,
Could you try the attached. Download somewhere, open a terminal, expand:
# tar -zxf usr-lib-gconv.tar.gz
then copy the files to /usr/lib/gconv
...see if that fixes it. The gconv directory is cutdown in 2.20alpha. I have have selected what seems like the files that will fix your problem.
Attachments
usr-lib-gconv.tar.gz
(27.8 KiB) Downloaded 508 times

Gill_Baits

LinNeighborhood error message

#26 Post by Gill_Baits »

Thanks Barry that fixed it

Flash
Official Dog Handler

#27 Post by Flash »

Skype static 1.4 (downloaded from the Skype website) works fine in Puppy 2.17, but not in 2.20 alpha. While I can hear the other person, my microphone doesn't seem to work. I tried changing everything I could find in alsamixer and the Puppy mixer, and even tried a different sound card, but the microphone just won't make a peep.

GeorgR

Booting stopped at "puppyserialdetect is running"

#28 Post by GeorgR »

1) AMD 690G (ASUS M2A-VM)
Booting puppy 220a from cd on this computer ends whith:
"puppyserialdetect is running"

When typing CTRL C I can continue with the xwizzard, but usb keybord and mouse is then not working properly.

To be fair with the 220a version: booting this computer with 2171 the result is the same, but of course I was looking forward this problem to be solved with a newer version.

2) NVIDIA 6150 (ASUS M2NPV-VM)
I am very happy booting a Live CD on a computer with NVIDIA 6150 Chipset:
I can surf the Internet on my 1366*768 DVI LCD right out of the box!
Only for enabling sound I had still to open the alsamixer tool in a console session and "unmute" the SPDIF Channel.

Gill_Baits

Gxine crash

#29 Post by Gill_Baits »

I have the problem of Gxine crashing the system to the point where I need to type xwin to restart, this occures if I try to change any of the setting when playing any video media this includes mp3's with visualisation running, this appears to be a possible driver problem has I also had a monitor setting problem when I first ran 2.20 but managed to adjust them with a combination of xvidtune and the monitor controls