Business Contact Management Software, IE in WINE

What features/apps/bugfixes needed in a future Puppy
dracothered

Business Contact Management Software, IE in WINE

#1 Post by dracothered »

I would like to see a contact management software included in Puppy Linux which would help make it more usefull in the bussiness world. Also if someone could work out getting IE browser working in Wine on Puppy that would also be great for those times when it is the only browser that can be used.
Corbin
Draco the Red

raffy

Check out

#2 Post by raffy »

Please check out the Information Managers group of software in Puppy.

PeterSieg

IE Browser

#3 Post by PeterSieg »

Hi. If you find people (except M$), that must have IE to visit there site,
send them a mail, tell them something about freedom, open source, linux, w3c standards and say goodby until they are changing there minds!

PS
Have fun :)

Lobster
Official Crustacean

#4 Post by Lobster »

Yes Peter this approach works,

Years ago I would not deal with companies that did not have fax facilities. Now any company not having email facilities is not set up in the way I require.

Take back the web.

If you require IE for business use Corbin, then run Windows - it is after all a great Operating System (the fact that I no longer use it for anything but burning iso's is no reflection on Windows - eh - well yes it is actually . . . )

Puppy is not really designed for everything - though I must admit it is getting ever closer. There is a dotpup arriving soon (hopefully) that will allow windows to run under Puppy - it will be on the wiki news as soon as it arrives.

Hope that will help

:)
Puppy Raspup 8.2Final 8)
Puppy Links Page http://www.smokey01.com/bruceb/puppy.html :D

#5 Post by Guest »

Lobster wrote:Yes Peter this approach works,

Years ago I would not deal with companies that did not have fax facilities. Now any company not having email facilities is not set up in the way I require.

Take back the web.

If you require IE for business use Corbin, then run Windows - it is after all a great Operating System (the fact that I no longer use it for anything but burning iso's is no reflection on Windows - eh - well yes it is actually . . . )

Puppy is not really designed for everything - though I must admit it is getting ever closer. There is a dotpup arriving soon (hopefully) that will allow windows to run under Puppy - it will be on the wiki news as soon as it arrives.

Hope that will help

Is this like the tail wagging the Puppy :P

dracothered

#6 Post by dracothered »

[quote="Lobster"]Yes Peter this approach works,

Take back the web.

Hope that will help

:)[/quote]

Hi Lobster & Peter,

I need IE for one thing and that is getting into the MLS (Multi Listing System). As far as getting Realcomp to change its program just for a few of us Linux user would be like pulling teeth with dental floss. :(
Corbin
Draco the Red

dracothered

#7 Post by dracothered »

Lobster wrote:Yes Peter this approach works,

Take back the web.

Hope that will help

Hi Lobster & Peter,

I need IE for one thing and that is getting into the MLS (Multi Listing System). As far as getting Realcomp to change its program just for a few of us Linux user would be like pulling teeth with dental floss.
Corbin
Draco the Red