Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Fri 18 Apr 2014, 15:05
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Additional Software (PETs, n' stuff) » Unsorted
BitWiseIM.pup - encrypted instant messenger program
Moderators: deshlab, Flash, GuestToo, Ian, JohnMurga, Lobster
Page 1 of 1 [5 Posts]  
Johnny Reb

PostPosted: Tue 06 Sep 2005, 03:13    Post subject:  BitWiseIM.pup - encrypted instant messenger program  

I've just created my first dotpup using GuestToo's dotpup maker, and suprisingly enough I got it right the first try and it worked (I suspect that says more about GuestToo's ability than mine). Regardless, the dodpup is for BitWise Instant Messenger, an encrypted Instant Messenger which uses the Blowfish encryption algorythm. Unfortunatly the size of this dotpup (about 3Mb) won't allow me to post it here. However, I did send the BitWise.pup to the creator of BitWiseIM, and he stated that if he gets enough requests for it he will post it on the download page of the BitWiseIM website, which you can find here: http://bitwiseim.com/

Also, if anyone has a place to post this for download I've been given permission to have the BitWise.pup posted for download if I can find a place to do so. If anyone reading this has room for it, and wants to post it, please let me know.

Please note: I put this dotpup together today before I saw the sticky about not installing in the /root directory so this one does install into the /root directory.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger 
ICQ Number 
klhrevolutionist

PostPosted: Tue 06 Sep 2005, 03:23    Post subject: here you are  

www.yourfilehost.com
Johnny Reb

PostPosted: Tue 06 Sep 2005, 03:59    Post subject:  

Upon thinking about this I think it would be a good idea if everyone requested the developer of BitWiseIM to post the dotpup on his download page. The reason being it might just create more intrest in Puppy Linux. People that otherwise would never otherwise even know Puppy existed would see the dotpup and might investigate.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger 
ICQ Number 
Johnny Reb

PostPosted: Wed 07 Sep 2005, 02:09    Post subject: Re: here you are  

klhrevolutionist wrote:
www.yourfilehost.com

I couldn't get the BitWiseIM.pup up there last night because I was doing a real big download that was eating up all my bandwidth, but it's up there now.

NOTE: New working BitWise.pup uploaded, and is ready for download.

The NEW url for BitWiseIM.pup is: http://www.yourfilehost.com/media.php?cat=other&file=BitWise.pup

I still think it would be a good idea to request it from the BitWise site though because it would give Puppy more exposure to people who might try it.

Last edited by Johnny Reb on Thu 08 Sep 2005, 19:03; edited 4 times in total
ICQ Number 
Johnny Reb

PostPosted: Wed 07 Sep 2005, 18:04    Post subject:  

Just a note. I'm online with puppy now (the modem is finally working!), and BitWiseIM works great in Linux. If anyone gets it and wants to give me a holler, my screen names there are Johnny_Reb & Rebel_Yell
ICQ Number 
Page 1 of 1 [5 Posts]  
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Additional Software (PETs, n' stuff) » Unsorted
Jump to: