Successfully Installed Nero Linux

Stuff that has yet to be sorted into a category.
phantrongnghia

Successfully Installed Nero Linux

#1 Post by phantrongnghia »

Hi !

I realy like NERO

I installed it in my Hacao !

1. Download Nero Linux from nero.com (RPM package)

2.Download undeb.pup

3. make folder nero in /root

4.open Terminal

Code: Select all

cd /root/nero
unrpm nerolinux-2.x.x.x-x86.rpm
It will extract folder usr in RPM package

Copy in turn file to /usr
example
from /root/nero/usr/lib/libCDCopy.so to /usr/lib

Thanks

Hope you like it !

wow

#2 Post by wow »

:o really good news for me, downloading. . . :D

phantrongnghia

#3 Post by phantrongnghia »

Hi !

Very interesting !

luck_gh0st

Icons?????

#4 Post by luck_gh0st »

Well It installed ok and seems to work, but at startup I get a warning saying some icons cannot be found ,check your nero linux installation.
I've tried moving the images folder(containing the icons) to everywhere I could think but it still dosen't show any icons.... I have searched everywhere for the last 4 hrs, and it seems that no one has ever had this problem anywhere in the world... I'm getting a little frustrated... I guess I'll just use puppy's build in burner.

John Doe

Re: Icons?????

#5 Post by John Doe »

luck_gh0st wrote:...I get a warning saying some icons cannot be found...
execute nero from rxvt and you should get an indication of which icons are missing. i just went through this with some app and trash icons.
luck_gh0st wrote:I have searched everywhere for the last 4 hrs, and it seems that no one has ever had this problem anywhere in the world... I'm getting a little frustrated...
understood. i keep feeling that way also. just ask for help and someone is bound to try.

tahaselim

#6 Post by tahaselim »

do we have a dotpup for nero? if not can we make one?

thanks

Taha Selim

john biles

#7 Post by john biles »

Hello phantrongnghia,
I noticed that the version of Nero Linux at the nero site required you to Pay $29.95 to unlock it for every day use.
Is this the version you installed?
Maybe that's why there's buttons missing? Unlock it and maybe the buttons appear. Will play with it when I can get it to download.

I think K3B still isn't a bad CD burner. If I'm going to pay $29.95 for a Linux Burner, it better work perfectly, that's all I can say!
Last edited by john biles on Thu 12 Jul 2007, 14:20, edited 1 time in total.
Legacy OS 2017 has been released.

john biles

#8 Post by john biles »

OK, Update,
I downloaded the .Deb version as I've had more luck with .deb's than .rpm's. ran undeb/unrpm and copied all the files over.
I then started Nero and it asked for the licence key and said the demo was out of date.
OK I'm not going to tell you how I got the licence key, but once the program opened it appeared to have all the icons/buttons. So maybe try the .deb version first.

I will do some testing and let you know if it is any good. Looks promising.

P.S If your looking for a good burner, TEENpup2.0.0 comes with K3B already installed ready to go. (I don't need Nero Linux just want to test it.)

Let me also say this, I'm glad to see that Nero have made a Linux version of their burner even if you have to pay to use it. I think ever CD/DVD burner I've brought came bundled with Nero software (Windows) to support it, so this shows me that Linux's user base will only grow in the future as more and more software companies start to support Linux. :)
Last edited by john biles on Fri 13 Jul 2007, 00:52, edited 3 times in total.

mouldy

#9 Post by mouldy »

Somebody made a K3B and Opera version of Puppy. I downloaded that and copied the K3B files over to my hardrive install of current Puppy. After all the hassle with cd/dvd burner software offered in Puppy, K3B just plain works out of the box as good as any windows burner software. Yep its very bloated due to all the KDE libraries necessary and too much bloated to just include with Puppy out of box, but its worth the effort for anybody frustrated with the other burn software Puppy has offered.

No I am not going to buy linux Nero when I see no advantage over K3B which is free and works fine in Puppy.

See there is a new version of WINE offered for Puppy. Ought to try it and see if I could finally get a small windows burner program called Silent Night to work. SilentNight doesnt use windows registry, is just a plain executable file so it would run under older versions of WINE but no matter what I tried, it just couldnt find my dvd burner. WINE+SilentNight would be considerably smaller than K3B+bunchKDElibraries.

luck_gh0st

#10 Post by luck_gh0st »

SOLVED!!!!

the icons go in /usr/share/nero
I kept just putting them in /usr/share
I guess I overlooked the obvious.... duh!!!!

also anyone who has this problem do the above and restart X

luck_gh0st

#11 Post by luck_gh0st »

@ John Doe

You're right the Linux forums are very helpful, but sometimes I can't really put certian things into words to describe some problems.... if you know what I mean.
But thank you

john biles

#12 Post by john biles »

Update on Nero Burner,
Tried to burn a Data DVD with 4.1Gb's of Data and burn failed twice with 2 different makes of DVD-R
Then tried to burn same Data with K3B which burnt it with no problems.
Nero Burner = 0
K3B Burner = 1