gpRip cd ripper

Stuff that has yet to be sorted into a category.
zigbert

#21 Post by zigbert »

When starting GPrip without a CD inserted, the scanning-CD-dialog doesn't close. Since window decoration is disabled, I have to kill pid to get rid of it.

jcoder24

#22 Post by jcoder24 »

Specifying a Genre did fix the problem. However, I have a other few bugs to report.

1) It fails to display accented chars eg e acute. I get the following message which may indicate what's the problem
(gtkdialog3:21113): Pango-WARNING **: Invalid UTF-8 string passed to pango_layout_set_text()

2) If I specify a folder with an underscore eg (cd_rips) and tell gprip that I want my song titles with a space instead of underscore, it stores my songs in (cd rips) instead.

3) I think this is similar to what zigbert was reporting above.
I have 2 cdroms /dev/hdc and /dev/hdd. In the prefs I set the cdrom as hdc and start with disk in hdd. gprip recognises that there is no disk in hdc and presents me with a few options. When I click on the prefs button and change cd drive to hdd in prefs it then rescans and brings back up the prefs dialog. When I click ok it closes pref dialog and displays last "Scanning CD please wait" splash screen.

If I rerun gprip, the prefs are still have hdc. Also at some point during this process a zombie process is created.

20721 root 6928 S gtkdialog3 --program SPLASHSCREEN
20723 root Z [sh]
20724 root 6928 S gtkdialog3 --program SPLASHSCREEN

4) When I click exit, I get the following output to the console.
EXIT="abort"
kill: usage: kill [-s sigspec | -n signum | -sigspec] [pid | job]... or kill -l [sigspec]
rm: cannot remove `/tmp/cd': No such file or directory
/usr/local/apps/Media/gpRip/AppRun: line 482: 28214 Terminated gtkdialog3 --program SPLASHSCREEN

(gtkdialog3:28306): Pango-WARNING **: Invalid UTF-8 string passed to pango_layout_set_text()

(gtkdialog3:28306): Pango-WARNING **: Invalid UTF-8 string passed to pango_layout_set_text()
rm: cannot remove `/root/.config/tmp/pbcdripper': Is a directory

5) More of a suggestion. Monitor /var/log/messages for errors and quit if they appear to be severe. My CPU maxxed out while ripping a track. It was so bad that mouse and keyboard became intermittently responsive.

These messages that were logged to /var/log/messages were:
Jul 2 19:57:18 (none) user.warn kernel: ide: failed opcode was: unknown
Jul 2 19:57:18 (none) user.err kernel: hdc: drive not ready for command
Jul 2 19:58:08 (none) user.warn kernel: hdc: status timeout: status=0xd0 { Busy }
Jul 2 19:58:08 (none) user.warn kernel: ide: failed opcode was: unknown
Jul 2 19:58:08 (none) user.err kernel: hdc: drive not ready for command
Jul 2 19:58:13 (none) user.warn kernel: hdc: status timeout: status=0xd0 { Busy }
Jul 2 19:58:13 (none) user.warn kernel: ide: failed opcode was: unknown

Also I had a disk with that contained errors it only displayed the (artist and album info) but not the tracks.