Ya'll are gonna hate this...

What features/apps/bugfixes needed in a future Puppy
acklan

Ya'll are gonna hate this...

#1 Post by acklan »

Has anyone approached Netscape to see if they would pay The Puppy Collective to make a cd that someone could pop into thier 'puter and be online with out having to install a program they may not want.
I know this goes against the concept but it could help The Puppy get the $$$$ it needs to develop. If they just would pay $1 for everyone who signed up that would be a great help?
Try Juno or NetZero too. They flood the mail boxes with CDs. You could explain that they could take there account where every a 'puter with a modem or HSI is.

OK guys and gals let me have it. :D

Flash
Official Dog Handler

#2 Post by Flash »

Is Puppy ready for that much responsibility? A fraction of people who try it have a problem getting Puppy to boot on their machine, for whatever reason. Even a small fraction would be a big headache for Netscape - or whoever had the job of helping those inevitable disgruntled customers. :evil:

Lobster
Official Crustacean

#3 Post by Lobster »

Personally I have no problem with credible and responsible sponsorship. This is talk for The Foundation thread in Puppy Power.

I will support this as in two years we will need some such organisation to continue with Puppy development.

Sponsorship is an idea but Flash is right - multiply numbers and we do not have an infrastructure to offer solutions.
Puppy Raspup 8.2Final 8)
Puppy Links Page http://www.smokey01.com/bruceb/puppy.html :D