Abiword 2.4.5 Spelling Checker

Using applications, configuring, problems
Ardee

Abiword 2.4.5 Spelling Checker

#1 Post by Ardee »

Can anyone tell me how to install a GB-English spelling checker for Abiword, please? All the information I've found does not seem to apply to Puppy 2.14.

PhilCoo

#2 Post by PhilCoo »

The attached instructions are from Abiword help on how to change spell checker,also attached GB dictionary.

Phil

Ardee

#3 Post by Ardee »

Thank you PhilCoo for this. Although I cannot change the default language in Abiword from US and the instructions seem to be for 2.10, it does still seem to work OK.

GuestToo
Puppy Master

#4 Post by GuestToo »

to change the default language for Abiword you would start Abiword without opening a file to edit, then configure Abiword the way you like, setting the language you want to use for the dictionary, the fonts, background colour, etc etc, then save the (empty) workspace as a template (File, Save As, Save As Type Abiword Template .awt)

if you click that template file, Abiword should start using that configuration as the defaults

you can use that template file from the File menu

if you copy or move or save that template file to the hidden folder /root/.AbiSuite/templates/ and name the file normal.awt, Abiword should use that template as the default configuration

in short, configure Abiword the way you like and save your configuration as a template file named normal.awt in the folder /root/.AbiSuite/templates/