Grafpup 2.00 beta: what are initial username and password?

For talk and support relating specifically to Puppy derivatives
Tui

Grafpup 2.00 beta: what are initial username and password?

#1 Post by Tui »

I have D/Loaded the Grafpup V2.00 Beta, and run it from the CD. The bootup and opening window requests to place USERNAME and PASSWORD I have not been able to find what the default names need be. What do I use or just hit the enter key ?
Help please.

Cheers Tui

Bruce B

#2 Post by Bruce B »

Does it first boot to the command prompt?

Is so type whoami

If you are root, type passwd root

Then give root a password

Then type ls /home to see if there are other accounts, if so, AND you are root, you can give passwords to those accounts.

The advice above is not necessarily Grafpup specific, it just seems to me that's what I'd try.

raffy

grafpup

#3 Post by raffy »

Isn't it grafpup and grafpup?
Puppy user since Oct 2004. Want FreeOffice? [url=http://puppylinux.info/topic/freeoffice-2012-sfs]Get the sfs (English only)[/url].

Bruce B

Re: grafpup

#4 Post by Bruce B »

raffy wrote:Isn't it grafpup and grafpup?
It may be. I tried to qualify the answer with this: "The advice above is not necessarily Grafpup specific, it just seems to me that's what I'd try."

Does root have a password? When I tried grafpup I couldn't log in as root - so I went to the prompt and gave it one.

Nathan F

#5 Post by Nathan F »

When you first boot up the current build of Grafpup the password for root is set to "grafpup", as is the password for the restricted account "grafpup". This is actually explained in a text message right after running the xorgwizard, and just before the login manager starts (at least on the first boot).

Nathan
Bring on the locusts ...

Tui

#6 Post by Tui »

Hi Nathan F,
Thanks for your reply , I found this information earlier to-day after I
played with a few re-boots and selecting - XORG instead of the XVESA option.
The instruction regarding USERNAME and PASSWORD did not show up with
the XVESA option. The instruction shot past so fast with the XORG screen
I had to hit the Pause/Break key to read this instruction and then continue with
the loading. If intend to move from BETA version it would be nice to have this instruction
included in a README file and the file included in the next version and made part of the ISO burned disc.

Nathan F

#7 Post by Nathan F »

I'll adddd that information to the readme page included in the iso, and make sure the text appears when selecting Xvesa as well. Sorry about that.

Nathan
Bring on the locusts ...