kdissert possible?

Stuff that has yet to be sorted into a category.
acaza

kdissert possible?

#1 Post by acaza »

Would it be possible to create a reasonably sized kdissert dotpup? kdissert is the mind-mapping program that's part of KDE. http://freehackers.org/~tnagy/kdissert.html

As the "dissert(ation)" in the name suggests, it is ideal for writers of long, complex text documents. I've tried Freemind, but found it awkward when each item was a largish block of text. kdissert has the advantage of having a title for each entry, and then a separate field for long text. this lets me have a useful mindmap that also collects my paragraphs and ramblings. and it outputs all into a reasonably well formatted OO file.

can this be done?

thanks
aspiring hacker trapped in the mind of a linux noob, using Puppy 2.14 multisesson DVD on Dell XPS M1210

vovchik

kdissert does run

#2 Post by vovchik »

Dear acaza,

I got kdissert to run without problems on puppy 2.10. You need to install the kde libs first (there is a kde dotpup and an sfs), although you probably know that already. I used a precompiled binary from the dag fedora core repository and unpacked the libs to my kde lib locations and put the binary where I keep my kde executables. I hope that might work for you.

With kind regards,
vovchik

acaza

#3 Post by acaza »

Sorry, but do you mind pointing me at the dotpup? I don't know where it is. I've found a lot of KDE related stuff, but mostly associated with creating the whole window manager, which I don't think is needed for just kdissert.

Thanks
aspiring hacker trapped in the mind of a linux noob, using Puppy 2.14 multisesson DVD on Dell XPS M1210