Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Thu 17 Apr 2014, 02:21
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » Taking the Puppy out for a walk » Announcements
2.16 Alpha
Moderators: Flash, Ian, JohnMurga
Page 4 of 4 [47 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4
mysticmarks

PostPosted: Thu 03 May 2007, 19:13    Post subject:  spliting hairs
Subject description: spliting hairs

Dont split hairs over readability. Each eye is different, i like bright backgrounds with dark text if i'm in the office or in daylight, but i like dark backgrounds with green or white text at night. In reality all screens cause eye strain due to the lack of depth and the eye not trying to change focus from far and near. Your iris starts to atrophy after a few hours. This is a repetative issue for any long term computer user. The best thing to do ergonomically is focus on objects other than the screen at different distances at a 10 minute interval or less. You are basically working your eye muscles. After adding that to my pc routine Wink , i found myself able to look for longer periods with less strain.
As far as i can tell ,this whole conversation started from a question as to what backgrounds Barry was looking for to include in 2.16. They all look neat, but size and ability to see icons are key elements. IMHO, a gray background just lacks that warm feeling of a user friendly distro. Simple colors w/ nice gradients would be far more friendly. Maybe pastel hues of a few colors such as red, green, blue, yellow, whatever and have them gradiented down to a black, and also to a white. im betting that a pastel green or purple would look nice against black or white. Yellow and orange would look great with white, and red or blue with black. (color wheel says they all work, but who cares) I do graphics/CAD for a living, so I will throw some together if needed. I just do that stuff all day Confused , so i kind of look forward to the applications end of my linux time. Very Happy

The best part is that there are so many ways to add depth to a image with gradients, and all in a very small file. Smile
pakt

PostPosted: Fri 04 May 2007, 05:01    Post subject: Re: spliting hairs
Subject description: spliting hairs

mysticmarks wrote:
I do graphics/CAD for a living, so I will throw some together if needed. I just do that stuff all day Confused , so i kind of look forward to the applications end of my linux time. Very Happy

The best part is that there are so many ways to add depth to a image with gradients, and all in a very small file. Smile

Sounds great Smile Could you give us some samples (1024x768 or 1280x1024)? You can host the images on http://i1.tinypic.com/ and just link to them in a post.

Paul

Page 4 of 4 [47 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4
 Forum index » Taking the Puppy out for a walk » Announcements
Jump to: