Anywhere that explains what packages do?

Booting, installing, newbie
oldog1984

Anywhere that explains what packages do?

#1 Post by oldog1984 »

i see alot of pupfiles and packages i know what a few are . but most i do not know is there a place that we can go and see what they look like and read on them to see if we need or want them? any help will be good . and ? i have new flash for fire fox when i go to some web sites internet just closes any body know why ? still doing alot of reading this is a work in progress but i like it alot thanks guys

Pizzasgood

#2 Post by Pizzasgood »

For flash, make the directory /root/.mozilla/plugins. Then symlink the Flash plugin files from /usr/local/firefox/plugins/ to /root/.mozilla/plugins/. To symlink, just drag with the middle mouse button (or scroll wheel) then chose the "link" option when you release it at the location. In this case, it shouldn't matter whether you use relative or absolute links.

/root/.mozilla is a hidden directory. Press the button on the Rox toolbar that looks like an eye to show it.

As for packages, if the person who posts it doesn't provide info, the only options are to google it or ask somebody.
[size=75]Between depriving a man of one hour from his life and depriving him of his life there exists only a difference of degree. --Muad'Dib[/size]
[img]http://www.browserloadofcoolness.com/sig.png[/img]