How to boot Pizzapup 301 without floppy?

For talk and support relating specifically to Puppy derivatives
oldog1984

How to boot Pizzapup 301 without floppy?

#1 Post by oldog1984 »

hello ran gpart created ext2 on drive thats it then installed pizzapup 301 looks good . but i did something .because when booting up a screen shows up then i have to pick hd boot grub floppy i think then something else. i would like system when turn on it bootd directly to puppy. any help will be great trying to set system up to where everything runs good then want to have a copy on cd and be able to install to family and friends computers . tried of reloading windows for then to just mess it up again and again. lol thanks all

Bruce B

#2 Post by Bruce B »

What you want is very doable.

I just don't have a clear picture of what the problem is.

Basically what you need is GRUB installed on the MBR and the proper files in /boot/grub

Does your install have a /boot/grub directory?

Pizzasgood

#3 Post by Pizzasgood »

The default GRUB configuration has an option near the top to boot Puppy, then underneith it has some others, such as creating a boot floppy. They can be ignored, though you can just remove them from the /boot/grub/menu.lst file instead.

The first thing you need to do is use the "boot Puppy" option to see if it's installed correctly and boots.

If so, the next step is to edit the menu.lst file to boot directly into Puppy. You'd have to make sure Puppy is set as the default, and then I think set the timeout to zero and make sure it's uncommented (no # in front).
[size=75]Between depriving a man of one hour from his life and depriving him of his life there exists only a difference of degree. --Muad'Dib[/size]
[img]http://www.browserloadofcoolness.com/sig.png[/img]