2.15ce vanishing menus in programs

Please post any bugs you have found
Greystar

2.15ce vanishing menus in programs

#1 Post by Greystar »

Under Gxine goto file configure preferences menu basicly blank then it takes out other menu's in gxine.(not as anoying as) Gparted loads up select what you want your partition to be blank menus making Gparted useless. I don't know if i'm the only one or not(couldn't find another topic like this.)
running 2.15cefinal(1st one) added updates all other puppy variants (2.14,pizzapup 3.01) do not have this problem. Attached pic.
Attachments
Gparted.png
Gparted screen shoot
(42.26 KiB) Downloaded 271 times

WhoDo

Re: 2.15ce vanishing menus in programs

#2 Post by WhoDo »

Greystar wrote:I don't know if i'm the only one or not(couldn't find another topic like this.) running 2.15cefinal(1st one) added updates all other puppy variants (2.14,pizzapup 3.01) do not have this problem. Attached pic.
Well 2.15CE Final R1 was flawed, but that probably isn't your problem. Certainly I'd recommend updating to 2.15CE Final R2.

I believe your problem is with video RAM. 2.15CE is heavier on RAM than either 2.14 or Pizzapup 3.0 and if you use shared video RAM that could explain the effect. Do you have a swap partition?

Hope that helps.
[i]Actions speak louder than words ... and they usually work when words don't![/i]
SIP:whodo@proxy01.sipphone.com; whodo@realsip.com

Greystar

#3 Post by Greystar »

Yes WhoDo i do think it has shared Ram total ram 256 Mb and i do have a 256 Mb swap partition. Did an test activated swap still the same(i have a full hd install) then i booted up 2.15 ce by live cd with swap active same thing the way it looks it is only those 2 programs.I will download the new version and see if that helps.Thanks for the response.

Greystar

#4 Post by Greystar »

Just figured i would update for anyone with the same problem. Downloaded the new 2.15ce final and problem is gone.Sorry i couldn't say why this is(difference between rc1 to rc2) but works on live cd and now(changed from full hard drive intall) frugal install(i actually do like this way better than full easier if you mess something up just putting your old save file back in).

I just wanted to let you know (Whodo) and thank everyone who helps in making puppy a fabulous os.(I mention this because it seems alot of people do not realize all the hard work everyone here is doing here.) Once again Thanks.

WhoDo

#5 Post by WhoDo »

Greystar wrote:Just figured i would update for anyone with the same problem. Downloaded the new 2.15ce final and problem is gone....[snip]...

I just wanted to let you know (Whodo) and thank everyone who helps in making puppy a fabulous os.(I mention this because it seems alot of people do not realize all the hard work everyone here is doing here.) Once again Thanks.
You're welcome. Glad it was sorted out for you. I know how great Puppy is, but when it has problems such as yours it's hard to convince the complainant that the OS is so good. Like many others here, I just hope those like you stick it out long enough to find out just how good an OS it really is.

Cheers
[i]Actions speak louder than words ... and they usually work when words don't![/i]
SIP:whodo@proxy01.sipphone.com; whodo@realsip.com