PuppyLinux & PuppyLinux-Foundation Working Together !

News, happenings
klhrevolutionist

PuppyLinux & PuppyLinux-Foundation Working Together !

#1 Post by klhrevolutionist »

I'm working on upgrading some of my pages, also creating a new master-link page to all the Puppy websites, and I'm inclined to include 'puppylinux-foundation.com' in that list, with the understanding that it does not diminish the other parties prior claim to creating and using the 'Puppy Linux Foundation' name.
Barry K. Blog post

The PuppyLinux-Foundation which supports the 108/109 series of puppy thanks Barry K. for acknowledging the foundation. And we thank you for considering listing the site in your newly
updated web pages. Thanks.

Thanks for the olive branch & the PuppyLinux-Foundation hopes that this relationship grows !
Heaven is on the way, until then let's get the truth out!

amish

#2 Post by amish »

bridging differences and work shared between them has a history of making the world better. the internet is probably the most dramatic example i can think of. linux is certainly another.

i hope no one notices that cooperation on free software is a political thing... given how politics are looked at around here :) but it sounds like a great idea. (should have happened sooner)

i think of *good* politics sort of like white blood cells or scabs, getting together to cover wounds, prevent and fight infections...

really unsightly, often disgusting... but they can be a good thing when there isn't too much. on the other hand, if there are lots of problems, you'll find politics solving some things and making others worse. it's human nature, even wild dogs have politics- but this time it healed something.

rarsa

#3 Post by rarsa »

Actually I've never felt like there are two distinct communities. Really.

I concur that it is a great development that you feel included in the community again. Not because you weren't before, but just because maybe you didn't feel welcome before.
[url]http://rarsa.blogspot.com[/url] Covering my eclectic thoughts
[url]http://www.kwlug.org/blog/48[/url] Covering my Linux How-to

jonyo

#4 Post by jonyo »

Differences are inevitable. Say what you wish about politics, but show me something better.

Nathan F

#5 Post by Nathan F »

I too think this is a good development.

Nathan
Bring on the locusts ...

sunburnt

#6 Post by sunburnt »

An excellent opportunity to further Puppy in new ways.

jonyo; How about scrutinizing polititions & CEOs down to their underware?
With resulting massively heavy penalties for any perceived treasonous acts.
I say this because when it effects the nation/world, anything contrary IS treason.

raffy

Definitions

#7 Post by raffy »

This is good news. How shall we write the definitions - will these distinctions help?

Puppy Linux - the distro as Barry called it originally.
PuppyLinux - short form used in Barry's domain name puppylinux.com and in the first Puppy Linux Foundation-oriented site puppylinux.org.
PuppyLinux-Foundation - the new entity found in puppylinux-foundation.com and puppylinux-foundation.org.

Feel free to add more appropriate descriptions/distinctions. I wanted to check on these distinctions in the latter sites but got this in the past 24-hour period:

Code: Select all

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access / on this server.

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Hope that helps.
Puppy user since Oct 2004. Want FreeOffice? [url=http://puppylinux.info/topic/freeoffice-2012-sfs]Get the sfs (English only)[/url].

amish

#8 Post by amish »

why not just call them what they are called now, and recognize that they are part of the same ultimate goal, which is promoting and supporting puppy?

glitch

Good Development

#9 Post by glitch »

Congrats and more power puppy. Good development! Count me in. Hope i could share. Thanks puppy! =)

klhrevolutionist

#10 Post by klhrevolutionist »

The foundation website is back up. Thanks to all those who visited and informed us that the site was down.
Heaven is on the way, until then let's get the truth out!

glitch

Puppy RockZ!

#11 Post by glitch »

:D Puppy RoCkZ!!! Running here and there smooth, awesome!!! Whoa! Live PuppyLinux!!! HoooraY!!! :) Let's get PuppyLinux! Bring it ON!!! :D

tlchost

website down

#12 Post by tlchost »

klhrevolutionist wrote:The foundation website is back up. Thanks to all those who visited and informed us that the site was down.
Appears to be offline

KF6SNJ

#13 Post by KF6SNJ »

I think this is good development. The more cooperation there is in the Puppy community, the more likely the word about PuppyLinux will spread and hopefully more people will use, even if only as something to tinker with by means of the livecd. Barry has given us a beautiful OS and we should work together to maintain and promote it.
The only windows I have are those on my home.