Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Thu 20 Nov 2014, 22:31
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Puppy Derivatives
TEENpup Version 1.0.0 iso download now!
Moderators: Flash, JohnMurga
Page 7 of 8 [106 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 Next
metre9dmt

PostPosted: Tue 17 Apr 2007, 06:23    Post subject: VYM Comments  

VYM belongs to a class of software called mind mapping software. Basically it is a method of organizing your thoughts, report, etc. I regularly use Freemind since I'm stuck in Windows 8-(. Anyway, mind-mapping software is great for me since it helps me create summaries of books I read. I also use it whenever we are having a discussion about projects we will do. It is a better way of notetaking.

With regards to teaching mind mapping to students, I recommend it to high school level students since they it easy to organize your thought, simplify note taking and better memory retention. But I see no reason why it can't be taught to younger children as long as they have better attention span. I tried to teach it to my son but he is more interested in watching cartoons. Maybe when he is a bit older I will teach him then.

Thanks for including VYM. I can now learn how to another mind mapping software since Freemind may sometimes get boring to use due to its simple graphics.

Regards.

metre9dmt 8-)

Last edited by metre9dmt on Tue 17 Apr 2007, 06:28; edited 2 times in total
metre9dmt

PostPosted: Tue 17 Apr 2007, 06:25    Post subject: VYM Comments  

VYM belongs to a class of software called mind mapping software. Basically it is a method of organizing your thoughts, report, etc. I regularly use Freemind since I'm stuck in Windows 8-(. Anyway, mind-mapping software is great for me since it helps me create summaries of books I read. I also use it whenever we are having a discussion about projects we will do. It is a better way of notetaking.

With regards to teaching mind mapping to students, I recommend it to high school level students since they it easy to organize your thought, simplify note taking and better memory retention. But I see no reason why it can't be taught to younger children as long as they have better attention span. I tried to teach it to my son but he is more interested in watching cartoons. Maybe when he is a bit older I will teach him then.

Thanks for including VYM. I can now learn how to another mind mapping software since Freemind may sometimes get boring to use due to its simple graphics.

Regards.

metre9dmt Cool
Gekko

PostPosted: Tue 17 Apr 2007, 06:33    Post subject:  

You double posted Razz and mind mapping software could be useful for me, mainly for to-do's and such. That's what I need on my website, a damn wiki but I can't find a non-database needing one.
Lobster
Official Crustacean

PostPosted: Tue 17 Apr 2007, 08:43    Post subject: web 2 wiki  

try this
http://www.wikimatrix.org/

or maybe
- I have used Webspaces in the past
http://peace.wikia.com/wiki/Tmxxine_Linux

or maybe a web 2 wiki host . . .

WIKI 2.0
Foopad - Create your own wiki. http://www.foopad.com/
Schtuff - Wiki service. http://www.schtuff.com/
Serversidewiki - Mini-wiki. http://www.serversidewiki.com/
Socialtext - Enterprise wiki solutions. http://www.socialtext.com/
Stikipad - Wiki solution. http://www.stikipad.com/ (Submitted by Björn Ognibeni).
Wikispaces - Collaborative content & editing. http://www.wikispaces.org/

metre9dmt

PostPosted: Tue 17 Apr 2007, 19:52    Post subject: Double posting  

I'm sorry for the double posting. When I saw it, I tried to erase but can't.
lvds

PostPosted: Thu 19 Apr 2007, 01:23    Post subject:  

john biles wrote:
Hello lvds,
Some one created a version of Puppy based on 2.10 that Included K3B
I just went though that version and copied all the required files over into TEENpup 2.0.0 which did add aprox 30Mb's to the ISO.
I just believe TEENpup should have a CD Burner as good as Nero.
I'll be doing some more experimenting to see what other K Apps I can get running in TEENpup.

Great ! Please may you post a message on a new thread so to explain HOWTO have K3B also for other users (whom may have yet a distro installed) Question

I found on ibiblio.org ther is a QT3.*.*.pup (if i recall well but you will find it easyly) perhaps you could do create a PET for K3B so if someone wants to install it he will download QT package and your K3B ?

Best regards,
Laurent

Gekko

PostPosted: Thu 19 Apr 2007, 05:21    Post subject:  

lvds wrote:
john biles wrote:
Hello lvds,
Some one created a version of Puppy based on 2.10 that Included K3B
I just went though that version and copied all the required files over into TEENpup 2.0.0 which did add aprox 30Mb's to the ISO.
I just believe TEENpup should have a CD Burner as good as Nero.
I'll be doing some more experimenting to see what other K Apps I can get running in TEENpup.

Great ! Please may you post a message on a new thread so to explain HOWTO have K3B also for other users (whom may have yet a distro installed) Question

I found on ibiblio.org ther is a QT3.*.*.pup (if i recall well but you will find it easyly) perhaps you could do create a PET for K3B so if someone wants to install it he will download QT package and your K3B ?

Best regards,
Laurent

I'll look into it.
happyhippo

PostPosted: Sat 26 May 2007, 05:00    Post subject:
Subject description: easynote E1245

want to tell that teenpup worked from cd on a easynote E1245 laptop/notebook.

display (xorg),lan, and sound were fine.
modem i don't know
the linksys wireless G card i don't know, because i only have the card but not a router
happyhippo

PostPosted: Sun 27 May 2007, 17:30    Post subject:  

little edit
the cpu fan keeps blowing.
but with puppy 2.13 it seems to work so now and than
strange Confused
john biles

PostPosted: Sun 27 May 2007, 22:10    Post subject:  

Hello happyhippo,
TEENpup is built on the core of Puppy, with added Apps and Artwork.
As TEENpup 2.0.0 is based on Puppy 2.14 hopefully this problem with your fan will be fixed.
TEENpup 2.0.0 is only days away!

happyhippo

PostPosted: Mon 28 May 2007, 02:10    Post subject:  

john biles wrote:
Hello happyhippo,
TEENpup is built on the core of Puppy, with added Apps and Artwork.
As TEENpup 2.0.0 is based on Puppy 2.14 hopefully this problem with your fan will be fixed.
TEENpup 2.0.0 is only days away!
when it is there i will try it for sure Very Happy
i know a lot o people that ask me if linux (puppy) has MSN.
i don't use that so i don't know but one teenpup 1.0 there was AMSN

do you know if it is compareble with MSN.
(MSN is verry popular in the netherlands)
john biles

PostPosted: Mon 28 May 2007, 09:38    Post subject:  

Hello happyhippo,
I have replaced aMSN with KDE's "kopete" Chat which includes compatability with MSN, Yahoo etc etc.
Also Gaim has been updated to version 2 beta 6 which also allows you to talk to friends on MSN as well.

smokey01

PostPosted: Tue 29 May 2007, 20:01    Post subject: TEENpup 2  

John,

When do you think Ver 2 will be ready for download. I am excited about it's release. It looks like a great package.

Thanks

Grant
Zeppis

PostPosted: Mon 11 Feb 2008, 12:12    Post subject:  

I downloaded TeenPuppy yesterday and I just want to say it's pretty amazing. It has all the stuff a teen needs, and more!
Perfect for someone like me. I like Puppy cause it's so fast. Now it has all teh functionality I need as well! I never bothered to dwell deep to get it all working cause I knew I would probably start with a fresh install (i.e. new pupsave file) in a month or so. Not because Puppy would start slowing down like windows, but because I just like fresh starts...
I got my digital camera working with Puppy with no trouble whatsoever. Something I haven't even tried to do with the official releases. That's a major plus and I'm sure I'll find more sweet surprises after using TeenPup for a while.

Logitech webcam didn't work out of the box but I never use it anyway, Just wanted to test. I probably need a driver first, naturally I can't expect all the drivers pre-installed...
Same goes for my Pinnacle DVB-T USB PCTV thingie, but no matter...

All in all, a fantastic compilation of programs you have managed to fit in under 500Mb! Thank you! Smile

... now I just need a Sudoku game from somewhere Wink
john biles

PostPosted: Mon 11 Feb 2008, 23:00    Post subject:  

Hello Zeppis,
Thank you for your kind comments. I am assuming you downloaded TEENpup 2.14?
Just to let you know TEENpup 2008 is getting close to being finished and will be released very soon.
Alot of improvements have been made and at least 30-40 more Applications have been added. To name some of the Apps that will be included is "LIVES" (Different version with all dependancies for version listed on this forum), Kword, Kpresenter, Mplayer, Kaffeine and a whole lot more.

Page 7 of 8 [106 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 Next
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Puppy Derivatives
Jump to: