Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Wed 26 Nov 2014, 05:57
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Puppy Derivatives
Is there a list of derivatives and descriptions anywhere?
Moderators: Flash, JohnMurga
Post_new_topic   Reply_to_topic View_previous_topic :: View_next_topic
Page 1 of 1 Posts_count  
setecio

PostPosted: Fri 13 Apr 2007, 14:45    Post_subject:  Is there a list of derivatives and descriptions anywhere?  

I keep stumbling across new derivatives as I look through these forums, and wondered if there is a page that lists the main Puppy derivatives, along with the focus/purpose/description of each ?

If there is could someone post a link as I've missed it. Thanks.

So far I've seen :
Pizza - Pizza's design
Teen - for typical teen use
Graf - for graphic designers
Muppy - not sure what focus is ? Is it MU's design or is there another focus of it ?
??
??
??
Lobster
Official Crustacean

PostPosted: Sat 14 Apr 2007, 04:46    Post_subject:  

http://puppylinux.org/wikka/VersionsPuppy

http://puppylinux.org/wikka/Puplets

Very Happy

setecio

PostPosted: Sat 14 Apr 2007, 05:14    Post_subject:  

Exellent, thanks. Might be worth having a sticky with these links at top of this forum ?
wdef

PostPosted: Sat 14 Apr 2007, 15:46    Post_subject:  

I second that request. As a newcomer here I can say the permutations of Puppy are more numerous than grains of sand through the hourglass ... no wait, that was "Days of Our Lives" (I've giving away my age, and so are you if you get that ...!)
Eyes-Only

PostPosted: Sat 14 Apr 2007, 16:30    Post_subject:  

I agree Lobster. So much of the wiki is very difficult to find and a person can spend the greater part of the day sifting through it for info (ah! but what a delightfully informative day! Smile ), and this one particular piece of information would make an excellent "sticky" here in the "Puppy Derivatives" section so that newcomers, and "Newly-born Puppies" can find it and perhaps decide for themselves what they might like to try next.

Granted, they may have come to have known us by way of the very latest "Official Version" of Puppy, and yet that doesn't always mean this one best fits their needs. After cutting their teeth on the Master's Slippers they may decide leather work boots would be best for them, and so on. Wink

Those "slippers" were exactly what I needed a year ago last March in fact when I came over from 98se. And then it was in April I discovered Grafpup, my "leather boots", which took me further in my learning experience. Now-a-days though I tend to use Pizzapup or 2.14 the most. (I have a feeling 2.14 will go down on record as one of Barry's Greatest Hits---but that's a subject for another thread. LOL!)

So, I wandered a bit there. But any way possible you or someone else could make a post with the links as a sticky up top? Excellent idea these gents have me thinks! Smile

Amicalement / In Friendship,

Eyes-Only
"L'Peau-Rouge"
darrelljon

PostPosted: Sat 14 Apr 2007, 16:44    Post_subject:  

Parts of the Puppylinux.org website link to out of date or incomplete pages which would be better linked to parts of the wiki. I'm beginning to find similar information about Puppy in lots of different places and on different websites and it makes things hard to find.
bostonvaulter

PostPosted: Sat 14 Apr 2007, 19:40    Post_subject:  

I would also like to see a sticky. But since I was unable to do that myself, I added a link to http://puppylinux.org/wikka/Puplets on the puppy wiki main page. Very Happy

Jason

Lobster
Official Crustacean

PostPosted: Sun 15 Apr 2007, 01:40    Post_subject:  

Eyes-Only wrote:
. . . (ah! but what a delightfully informative day! Smile ), and this one particular piece of information would make an excellent "sticky" here in the "Puppy Derivatives" section so that newcomers, and "Newly-born Puppies" can find it and perhaps decide for themselves what they might like to try next.

A sticky would be fine. I do not have that ability. PM 'Flash' Smile

I have put the info here in a beginners section sticky
http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?p=526#526

Wikis by their nature are not organised until someone organises them. We all can participate in that one . . .

I can barely keep the info updated Smile Fortunately more people are participating and doing great work on the wiki (we always need more)

Or another possibility is for wiki info to be transferred here
http://puppylinux.org/

Display_posts:   Sort by:   
Page 1 of 1 Posts_count  
Post_new_topic   Reply_to_topic View_previous_topic :: View_next_topic
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Puppy Derivatives
Jump to:  

Rules_post_cannot
Rules_reply_cannot
Rules_edit_cannot
Rules_delete_cannot
Rules_vote_cannot