firefox characters problem

Under development: PCMCIA, wireless, etc.
lvds

firefox characters problem

#1 Post by lvds »

Hi,

I am having another firefox problem within puppy.
When loading the webpage http://news.google.com/ if you scroll down to the bottom of the page you can see some sets of character does not appear, while some others do for international language.

I may add, when i install firefox on windows, everything is displayed fine, so i am trying to have the same result in puppy.

Does anyone know how to fix this bug ?

Best regards,
Laurent.

BarryK
Puppy Master

#2 Post by BarryK »

Have you selected "DejaVu Sans" as the default font for web pages? If not, do so, as it supports many international characters.

GuestToo
Puppy Master

#3 Post by GuestToo »

lvds

#4 Post by lvds »

BarryK wrote:Have you selected "DejaVu Sans" as the default font for web pages? If not, do so, as it supports many international characters.
Hi,

yes i tried all fonts available but it didn't change anything. I did a few time to be sure, but it still does not display the chinese-like fonts, while others like russian are ok.

I noticed something that is perhaps linked, when i type this text in the message body box, the font used is proportional ; i guess this could be fixed in the CSS chrome for firefox even though i don't know how to do it ... I don't know if the two are related or not.

Best regards,
Laurent.

PaulBx1

#5 Post by PaulBx1 »

Same here, have DejaVu Sans as my San-serif font (and San Serif as my proportional font). I don't see the China, Hong Kong, Japan, Korea, Taiwan and India fonts. Not too much of a bother in my case, as I don't read them anyway. :)