Kino Video Editor

Stuff that has yet to be sorted into a category.
gray

Kino Video Editor

#1 Post by gray »

I have created a pet package of the Kino video editor v1.0, using slax binaries.
http://www.kinodv.org

Requires ffmpeg to be installed.

The editor seems to work on my puppy 2.15CE rc2, even though it does complain about libavcodec being miscompiled (still works though).
Regressing to an earlier ffmpeg such as the ffmpeg-svn-2006-12-05-amr dotpup stops this warning message.
Installing the Hicolor-icon-theme dotpup stops a warning about a missing icon. Although the editor part works, I dont know about the 1394 firewire input - as I dont have firewire on my machine or a dv camera for that matter.

http://puppyfiles.org/dotpupsde/dotpups ... a/kino.pet

This is my first puppy package :D
Last edited by gray on Mon 02 Apr 2007, 20:40, edited 1 time in total.

Lobster
Official Crustacean

#2 Post by Lobster »

ah good news Gray :)

I will give it a go soon as possible

From what I remember kino seemed a little simpler to use than cinelarra (eh - the other one . . .)?
Puppy Raspup 8.2Final 8)
Puppy Links Page http://www.smokey01.com/bruceb/puppy.html :D

zigbert

#3 Post by zigbert »

I will also try Kino :D , but link is dead. :cry:

MU

#4 Post by MU »

zigbert

#5 Post by zigbert »

Thanks!

kirk

#6 Post by kirk »

Seems to work. Thanks!

Aung

#7 Post by Aung »

Gray, sadly you picked on the wrong video editor for your first try.
Kino's timeline and storyboard format are nuts, it is not being developed anymore and all the developers have gone ever to Kdenlive. From Kdenlives screen shots it looks like Kdenlive is the right package.
Heres the revalent parts of Kino that is nuts. Maybe I am a bit dislexic but I cant get my head around the wording below. (not untill it is rewrote,that is)
8.1. Overwrite or Insert Mode
There are two trim modes: Overwrite and Insert . Overwrite mode replaces the currently selected scene in the Storyboard. On the other hand, insert adds a new scene before or after the currently selected scene in the Storyboard. If there are already clips in the project, then Trim goes into overwrite mode by default, and the current scene loads into the trim page. In overwrite mode, exiting the trim page or choosing a new scene automatically applies any changes made to the scene's in or out points.
Kino does not automatically apply any changes in insert mode. One must click Before or After to apply a change in insert mode. It is entirely possible to switch to trim, thereby loading the current scene into the trim page, choose Insert from the Mode option menu, and then insert the "current" scene as a new scene. Likewise, it is entirely possible to load a new clip into the trim page while in overwrite mode and replace the current scene in the Storyboard.
8.3. Storyboard Behaviour
Clicking a scene in the Storyboard behaves differently depending upon the trim Mode. In Overwrite mode, it automatically applies any changes and loads the scene you clicked into the trim page. In Insert mode, clicking a scene sets the insertion point. Then, click Before to insert the clip loaded in the trim page before the current scene, or click After to insert the clip after the current scene.
8.4. Conclusions
In insert mode, Trim acts as a nice clip previewer for locating shots especially in conjunction with a file manager and drag and drop!
When you start Kino with no project or clip and go into Trim, the Mode is Insert because there is nothing to overwrite! From there, you can load a clip and set in and out points. Click After to make the Storyboard current scene "travel" with your newly inserted scene. Therefore, by repeatedly using After , one can quickly and simply assemble a project.

Here is my effort for compileing Kdenlive. Gray, can you sort this one for myself. Fiberflinger will think your a darling also.

checking for Qt... configure: error: Qt (>= Qt 3.2 and < 4.0) (headers and libraries) not found. Please check your installation!

Qt 3.3.6 is in usr/lib, does (>= Qt 3.2 and < 4.0) mean any old Qt between 3.2 and4.0?
Heres the biggest ever Puppy question, can a .pet be made of Kdenlive with only the needed libs and bins whatever so that the full Kde and Qt are not needed. Makeing Qt is a never ending story needing a never ending savefile. Regards Aung

kirk

#8 Post by kirk »

Just wanted to say thanks again for the kino package. Used it the other day to edit and splice together some video clips from a digital camera. Easy to use, didn't have to read any instructions.