Puppy 2.15CE RC2 Standard Edition Plus

News, happenings
WhoDo

Re: Puppy 2.15CE RC2 Standard Edition Plus

#81 Post by WhoDo »

Scoticus wrote:Can I safely assume that the sfs will be this new 2.10 version in the final edition of CE. If this is the case I will give up for the moment and wait patiently or otherwise.
That's the point of the new sfs system; you don't have to wait! :P

Just download the latest OOo_215.sfs and replace the one you are using with that. Then reboot, issue fixmenus from the console and voila! Open Office v2.10 at your disposal. Enjoy!

BTW, yes it will be v2.10 in Puppy 2.15CE Final ... if you choose to download the sfs file as well as the core OS. Othewise all you'll have is Abiword and Gnumeric.

Hope that helps.
PS. Updating should have ZERO impact on your data files.
[i]Actions speak louder than words ... and they usually work when words don't![/i]
SIP:whodo@proxy01.sipphone.com; whodo@realsip.com

Henry

#82 Post by Henry »

WhoDo wrote:

"Open Office v2.10 is available now as a sfs plug-in. It would be worthwhile running your test on that, since there is only a minor version update between that and the just-released v2.2"

Edit: Yes, excellent advice. I will do that when I get a released 2.15CE (still having a few issues with RC3). My memory failed me when I said I had tested it. The last version of OO I had in fact tested was 2.04, the latest regular dotpup, not 2.1. Sorry!

I am using 2.14Lite, and I just went back and retried OO 2.04. It is really not bad, considering the difficult document, fairly minor problems and a crash, from which it recovered!

I only mentioned it at all because I was so agreeably surprised to see ver. 2.2 actually pass. This of course has nothing at all to do with 2.15CE development, which is doing just fine without me ;-)

Thanks, Warren
Henry
Last edited by Henry on Wed 04 Apr 2007, 04:59, edited 1 time in total.

richard.a

#83 Post by richard.a »

HELP!!!

I have in my repository of files for this project one which has lost its proper filename, ending up with the wierd Microsoft truncated version of 8+3.

I'm tidying this all up for RC3 which I've downloaded and burned, and I'm frantically looking for what I think may be SMB_215.sfs or something like that.

Please can somebody point me towards where I can find it, and tell me what it does? Do I need it? My LAN's windows macines all seem to show up okay.

Good night people as I have mundane things like the dishes, sorting the recyclables and putting the garbage out, to occupy my next hour or two, lol!

Now I've had a quick look at RC3 and hurray! the sound is great out of the box, and the new Gaim seems very nice. Will write my thoughts up tomorrow if I get the time.

Warren, I see you've left the JWM back to Ice so I'll need to create that dotput with those directories and their contents in, like you suggested. That's a worry, never tried to make one before :(

Richard
[i]Have you noticed editing is always needed for the inevitable typos that weren't there when you hit the "post" button?[/i]

[img]http://micro-hard.dreamhosters.com/416434.png[/img]

ndujoe1

OOo_215.sfs download

#84 Post by ndujoe1 »

I have downloaded the OOo_215.sfs and have gotten three different md5sums. It doesn't match the txt file in the directory. I didn't want to activate it unless the md5sum were exact.

Am I doing something wrong of is a bad file, a bad internet connection on my end?

richard.a

#85 Post by richard.a »

Joe this is a dead thread, three months or so out of date, you might like to try elsewhere. I don't know your answer either
[i]Have you noticed editing is always needed for the inevitable typos that weren't there when you hit the "post" button?[/i]

[img]http://micro-hard.dreamhosters.com/416434.png[/img]

Lobster
Official Crustacean

Re: OOo_215.sfs download

#86 Post by Lobster »

ndujoe1 wrote: Am I doing something wrong of is a bad file, a bad internet connection on my end?
Bad connection

They should match. That is the point. Are you using xwget? (under menu /Internet) This will resume download (put the locations in again if resuming) and checks the download. If you intend resuming probably easier to use wget from the console . . .

http://puppylinux.org/wikka/OpenOffice
Puppy Raspup 8.2Final 8)
Puppy Links Page http://www.smokey01.com/bruceb/puppy.html :D

ndujoe1

Success of OOo_215.sfs download

#87 Post by ndujoe1 »

You were correct the wget feature managed the download in fine fashion.

Apparently the Sea Monkey interface could handle it properly.