2.15CE RC2 bugs

Please post any bugs you have found
gray

2.15CE RC2 bugs

#1 Post by gray »

Hi all,

Just downloaded and tested RC2. Some improvements - contrast change certainly improves look of glass icons. I can now get printing to work (for some reason xpdq would not play ball in earlier releases). Still got problems with PSI and also with the 3DCC ;- they will not connect to puppyfiles.org.
Still got xorg and xvesa problems (downloading the installnvidia pup and using the newer drivers fixes this though, so not really a problem).
Zmixer does not work - missing libasound.so.2

Looking very close to a final release - if only PSI would work. :)

WhoDo

Re: 2.15CE RC2 bugs

#2 Post by WhoDo »

gray wrote:Zmixer does not work - missing libasound.so.2

Looking very close to a final release - if only PSI would work. :)
Zmixer is on the way out. Try Pmixer - it's better. I'll look into the libasound.so.2 issue anyway.

As for PSI, have you tried opening the application, NOT downloading a new list and when it comes up clicking on "Mirrors"? That will refresh your mirrors list in PSI. You will then have to restart it and you should then get your full compliment of download links.

Hope that helps.
[i]Actions speak louder than words ... and they usually work when words don't![/i]
SIP:whodo@proxy01.sipphone.com; whodo@realsip.com

WhoDo

#3 Post by WhoDo »

gray wrote:Zmixer does not work - missing libasound.so.2
Yep. Found the problem. There is a bad symlink in /usr/lib - right click on libasound.so.2.0.0 and choose "link". Change the link name to libasound.so.2 and save (overwrite existing bad link). Zmixer will now work.

Fixed for Puppy 2.15CE Final

Cheers
[i]Actions speak louder than words ... and they usually work when words don't![/i]

gray

PSI problems

#4 Post by gray »

WhoDo,
Thanks for clarifying the zmixer issue. I think you are right in that Pmixer is better. Thanks also for the suggestions with the Puppy Software Installer. I tried it but it still dont work. It will not connect to any server. It produces a message like - "connecting to xxxxx 1.0.0.0:80" and just keeps timing out. It is odd because the Pet package manager works fine and I can access the server websites in Seamonkey. Is it only me having problems ?

gray

PSI probs

#5 Post by gray »

Thats interesting. Done some more tests. If I ping puppyfiles.org and distro.ibiblio.org then PSI works !!
Unfortunately only for a short while.
What is going on ?

gray

PSI

#6 Post by gray »

OK,

I think the IP address of the servers was not being resolved. I had a look in /etc/resolve.conf and changed the IP address of the nameserver from 192.168.0.1 , which is the address of the router, to the DNS address of my internet provider. PSI now works perfectly everytime.

WhoDo

Re: PSI

#7 Post by WhoDo »

gray wrote:I think the IP address of the servers was not being resolved. I had a look in /etc/resolve.conf and changed the IP address of the nameserver from 192.168.0.1 , which is the address of the router, to the DNS address of my internet provider. PSI now works perfectly everytime.
It's a bit late, but yes you are the only one having a problem which is kinda obvious since you now know why :roll:

Sorry I didn't get back to you earlier, but very glad you've got a working PSI installation.

Cheers

tempestuous

#8 Post by tempestuous »

WhoDo wrote:Yep. Found the problem. There is a bad symlink in /usr/lib
Oops, sorry. That was my fault. The symlink was to "libasound.so.2.0.0-orig"
You can see that I preserved my old ALSA library when installing the new one.
I just fixed the alsa-lib dotpet here http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewto ... 470#105470

WhoDo

#9 Post by WhoDo »

tempestuous wrote:I just fixed the alsa-lib dotpet here http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewto ... 470#105470
Thanks for that. Will that be updated in Unleashed as well?

Cheers

tempestuous

#10 Post by tempestuous »

WhoDo wrote:Will that be updated in Unleashed as well?
No. Unleashed is just the standard Puppy, separated into its components.
So ALSA from Unleashed will be what Barry included originally.