Netsurf vs. palemoon comparison

Using applications, configuring, problems
memo

Netsurf vs. palemoon comparison

#1 Post by memo »

Hi all,

if you like to surf the web and heard on the forum that netsurf is fast then try to disable the javascript on palemoon and you will notice that palemoon is much faster and the rendering is much better. Notice that you can not play youtube videos while the javascript is disabled.

ofcourse you can aswell install someaddons that give you control where to play javascript. however this would not enhance the speed of palemoon globally.

cheers!
memo
Xanialpup 7.5 32 bit

greengeek

#2 Post by greengeek »

Hi memo, any tips on how js can be switched off in Palemoon? What is your method?
Cheers!

memo

#3 Post by memo »

greengeek wrote:Hi memo, any tips on how js can be switched off in Palemoon? What is your method?
Cheers!
sure, here is a link to a tutorial with the same idea on youtube. Although it is for firefox but it works the sameway for palemoon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAbyi3Jbd6k
Xanialpup 7.5 32 bit

greengeek

#4 Post by greengeek »

Thanks!

01101001b

Re: Netsurf vs. palemoon comparison

#5 Post by 01101001b »

memo wrote:try to disable the javascript on palemoon and you will notice that palemoon is much faster and the rendering is much better.
Agreed 8)
Problem is, not only YT but a bunch of sites will show incomplete or not at all.
memo wrote:ofcourse you can aswell install someaddons that give you control where to play javascript. however this would not enhance the speed of palemoon globally
Not quite. You can use "Toggle JavaScript [Enabled/Disabled]" in Palemoon addons page. It disables JS entirely (without the hassle of turning it off and on in "about:config" if necessity appears repeatedly).

But as you rightly pointed out, there are addons that "remember" JS on/off status according sites, which I found much more useful in my case, i.e. ScriptBlock (it's in PM addons page too).

Regards! :D