Raspberry Pi Buster Raspup

A home for all kinds of Puppy related projects
01micko

Re: Raspup 8.2.1

#221 Post by 01micko »

lp-dolittle wrote:@ 01micko

Hi 01micko,

after some limited testing of Raspup 8.2.1, I met the following problems.

1. the save option at shutdown/reboot (intuitively) reminds me of the procedure in Quirky Xerus which Barry (if I correctly recall) does not consider very 'reliable'. Could this explain that my sessions prove not to be completely saved? Internet connection needs to be re-established after every reboot.
What connection manger are you using? (wireless or wired - sns/frisbee/bbwireless?) Or are you using a 3G modem, PPPOE, cell/mobile phone? More info needed.

2. The PPM shows a somewhat strange behaviour. Trying to install Pets via the step by step method may result in error messages, while the 'Auto install' variant (for the same Pet) works flawlessly.

kind regards
I guess that would be a PPM bug. Can you be more specific (screenshots?) about the issue with step-by-step please.

Cheers. Thanks for report.
Puppy Linux Blog - contact me for access

lp-dolittle

Raspup 8.2.1

#222 Post by lp-dolittle »

@ 01micko,

Hi 01micko,

sorry, it took me some time to generate the requested information

1) my internet connection is wired (ethernet), and the configuration tool is Barry's SNS (see screenshot a)
Remarkably the internet connection is established spontaneously if the raspup boot option (first option) is selected (screenshot f)

2) the screenshots b and c and c2 illustrate the mentioned PPM problem (step by step vs. Auto installation method). At closer consideration, the PPM is supposed to show additional issues. Libre Office, in fact, is not installed successfully!

3) the screenshots d and e are showing some additional Gparted information. What indicates the 'locked' symbol in the f2fs-partition?

EDIT 1:

I failed adding the correct screenshots. You will get a revised post

EDIT 2:

here you can see the re-arranged screenshots.
Please, take also note of the above changed text.

Attachments
Screenshot a.png
(76.53 KiB) Downloaded 10 times
Screenshot b.png
(115.25 KiB) Downloaded 11 times
Screenshot c.png
(88.86 KiB) Downloaded 12 times
Screenshot c2.png
(111.32 KiB) Downloaded 10 times
Screenshot d.png
(69.09 KiB) Downloaded 6 times
Screenshot e.png
(80.4 KiB) Downloaded 8 times
Screenshot f.png
(101.61 KiB) Downloaded 9 times

keniv

#223 Post by keniv »

Just a couple of questions.

1) I have a hardware clock set up and working in raspbian on my rasp pi3b. Is it possible to get this working with raspup?

2) If it's not possible to get the hardware clock to work is it possible to get the time from the internet?

3) Have had another go with midori. I've tried to import bookmarks but cannot find a way to do this. Have also tied to find a way on the net without success. Have found three bookmark.xxx files in /.config/midori but can't open them. Does anybody know how to do this?

Regards,

Ken.

keniv

#224 Post by keniv »

keniv wrote:2) If it's not possible to get the hardware clock to work is it possible to get the time from the internet?
Just discovered how to do this and it's now working.

Ken.