PPM2

Using applications, configuring, problems
miriam

#261 Post by miriam »

Semme, interesting idea. Thanks. I'll try that.

slavvo67, I didn't realise that. It's a pity, because it mostly worked well in previous incarnations.

bigpup, I have to say, I never understood the desire to lock topics. I sometimes comment on other sites where I have a solution to a problem someone has posed and am unable to give it because someone will have locked the topic. It ignores the fact that people visit years later to learn things. You have a point about the visibility of starting a new topic on this problem, though if comments made fit it so well (such as those about the bogus free memory error) then it does actually make sense to comment here as it allows a focused conversation to be had, instead of scattering it over many pages. If Semme's idea doesn't pan out I might do that. Thanks for the suggestion. I appreciate it.
[color=blue]A life! Cool! Where can I download one of those from?[/color]

miriam

#262 Post by miriam »

bigpup, I should mention that I didn't come here by searching for topics on the PPM. I searched for the error message. This page came up and I started reading the pages trying to learn what I could of the things that might be behind the error.

I agree with your point that great care must be used when swapping different versions of PPM, as that could cause other problems.

Also, you make a very good point about some of the errors not necessarily being caused by PPM itself. The particular error I'm seeking to fix was, in previous cases, caused by a different program not leaving the information that PPM needed. That may be the case here too.
[color=blue]A life! Cool! Where can I download one of those from?[/color]