Firefox Quantum portable with apulse All-in

Browsers, email, chat, etc.
Mike Walsh

#221 Post by Mike Walsh »

@ Fred:-

Am I right in thinking that the FF75 -> FF76 'upgrade' is another of those that's chucked a spanner in the works?

Usually FF-portable updates as good as gold, but just occasionally it won't do so, and sits there spinning, 'Applying update...' forever. This seems to be another of those, so I just updated manually instead.

Posting from 76.0.1 now, in jrb's Quirky64 April 7.0.1-lite. Thought I'd better mention it! I'm not using the newer 'download, build & install' script you put together, but rather the original method.....download the new version, add the 'ff' script, and sym-link my profile into it. Works for me, since Firefox is not my 'primary' browser, rather a reliable backup, or 'secondary'.

Mike. :wink:

fredx181

#222 Post by fredx181 »

@vtpup
But I haven't figured out how to launch ff as spot, always crashes. Any help would be appreciated!
Probably it's problematic to run the portable firefox as spot, because of a permission issue.
(e.g. the folder named "profile" inside should be owned by spot, I think, didn't test if that works btw)

@Mike Walsh
I was still at v68 and updating to v76 went ok for me (although it went in steps, > 72 > 76)

Fred