Where do I find the drvers and updates screen?

Booting, installing, newbie
pretentious7

Where do I find the drvers and updates screen?

#1 Post by pretentious7 »

Hello,

I'm using ScPup64 14.1. On boot there was this screen with links for additional drivers and updates but I can't find it anymore, and I can't find the information it had anywhere either, any help?

Thank you.

Subito Piano

#2 Post by Subito Piano »

Hmm -- nothing under MENU>SETUP? I'm running XenialPup, but these things should be similar for both our systems. One or a few might work.
  • MENU>SETUP>QUICK SETUP FIRST-RUN SETTINGS (or type "quicksetup" in terminal, else go to /usr/sbin/ and click on quicksetup there.)
  • MENU>SETUP>XXXXX UPDATES (for me, it is labelled "XenialPup Updates," for you, just look for some type of "UPDATE" file, or go to /usr/local/quickpet and see if there is a program there with the word "update" in the name, then click on it.)
  • MENU>SETUP>QUICKPET XXXXX (Mine being "Quickpet Xenial," for you, Quickpet Something Else. Or type "quickpet" in terminal or click on it in /usr/local/bin) There is a button when it opens for updates, and under the leftmost tab labelled "Drivers," there are some buttons for video drivers. Also check the "Useful" tab, there should be a button linklabelled "extra firmware sfs" -- it will take you to the page where you can find out more info and download what you need (hopefully!).
Do let us know if this helps or not...
[color=green]"God is love" - [url=https://www.esv.org/1+John+4/]I John 4:12[/url][/color]
ðŸ￾§ ðŸ￾§ ðŸ￾§ Rockin' on a 2007 IBM/Lenovo T60 Centrino Duo with 32-bit XenialPup 7.5! :D
(A/V Linux for live digital synth needs)

linuxcbon

Re: Where do I find the drvers and updates screen?

#3 Post by linuxcbon »

pretentious7 wrote:Hello,

I'm using ScPup64 14.1. On boot there was this screen with links for additional drivers and updates but I can't find it anymore, and I can't find the information it had anywhere either, any help?

Thank you.
Type quickpet in a terminal.

williams2

#4 Post by williams2 »

Do you mean welcome1stboot?

Start a console text terminal and type:

Code: Select all

welcome1stboot
That is, type:
wel<tab><enter>

I don't know if ScPup64 has welcome1stboot.
BionicPup64 does.