VPN Switch

Antivirus, forensics, intrusion detection, cryptography, etc.
d4rkn1ght

VPN Switch

#1 Post by d4rkn1ght »

This is a simple GTKDialog front end for OscarTalks VPN-ONOFF Implementation script.
d4rkn1ght wrote:I made this simple widget so I can have the two vpn-start and vpn-stop, password changing, and config files in a single place. I just wanted a simple GUI with all these shortcuts. I also added jafadmin Geolocation great script. 8)

Please do as you wish with this. I'm sure someone here can make this better.

This works great in Tahrpup64 and Bionicpup64. I think it should work on Xenialpup, but I haven't tested other puppies.
---Updated---

Just added a few simple features and performance improvements. Hopefully it's a little more useful.
Attachments
vpn-switch-3.png
(30.04 KiB) Downloaded 284 times
vpn-switch.pet
VPN Switch version 0.10
(24.69 KiB) Downloaded 371 times

Gera

#2 Post by Gera »

Will this work on BionicPup 32? Is it only for 64 version?

I just need to click on "vpn-onoff-test.tar.xz.gz" to setup?

If I have existing OscarTalks VPN-ONOFF setup, will I still be able to use separately: OscarTalks directly and your front end?

d4rkn1ght

#3 Post by d4rkn1ght »

Gera wrote:Will this work on BionicPup 32? Is it only for 64 version?

I just need to click on "vpn-onoff-test.tar.xz.gz" to setup?

If I have existing OscarTalks VPN-ONOFF setup, will I still be able to use separately: OscarTalks directly and your front end?
I don't think it matters if it is 32 or 64 for VPN Switch to work. So it should work in Bionicpup32.

Just download the PET file from the top of this thread and click it to install.

VPN Switch it's just a GUI front end for Oscar's app, so it require OscarTalks VPN-ONOFF to work. It wont work without it. You can use OscarTalks VPN-ONOFF without interference from VPN Switch.

I hope this helps. :)

Gera

#4 Post by Gera »

Autostart after system login and autoconnect was unexpected. I think you should ask client before adding this and turn it off by default.
In menu "Edit > VPN Start Up" I can click on tickboxes Enable and Disable independently. Both of ticks may be marked at the same time. I think only Enable submenu should be left, unmarked by default.

d4rkn1ght

#5 Post by d4rkn1ght »

Gera wrote:Autostart after system login and autoconnect was unexpected. I think you should ask client before adding this and turn it off by default.
In menu "Edit > VPN Start Up" I can click on tickboxes Enable and Disable independently. Both of ticks may be marked at the same time. I think only Enable submenu should be left, unmarked by default.
Auto start still experimental. I'm still learning how to make the switches work correctly. :?

But you're right, it needed to be disable by default. Sorry about that. I'll make sure it is disabled in the next version.

In the mean time just move the vpn-startup file in the startup folder to the disabled folder. That should disable auto start.