Libre Office 6.4 (can u create the pet?) (Solved)

Requests go here. If you fill a request, give it a new thread in the appropriate category and then link to it in the request thread.
pp4mnklinux

Libre Office 6.4 (can u create the pet?) (Solved)

#1 Post by pp4mnklinux »

Hello every body:

I read very good oppinions about the last libre office versión (6.4) specially about its speed, compatibility... so I'm really interested about installing it in my xenialpup.

Can u, please, make a pet with this libre office?

THANKS A LOT IN ADVANCE, have a nice weekend.

https://www.techradar.com/reviews/libreoffice

https://www.muylinux.com/2020/01/29/libreoffice-6-4/
Last edited by pp4mnklinux on Sat 01 Feb 2020, 21:42, edited 1 time in total.
Distro: xenialpup64 7.5 XXL
Desktop Panel: JWM ~ FbBox 5.0

pp4mnklinux

@ally THANKS A LOT

#3 Post by pp4mnklinux »

Hello everybody:

First of all, THANKS A LOT FOR YOUR HELP, but I installed it in my puppy , I worked sometime with it, and It doesn't go faster with my puppy.

I don't like the start helper, because it opens empty when you start it, and it takes a lot of time to open the document.

I'll tell u more about it, but now I will continue with my 6.1 (it could be the problem with this slow start is that I didn't uninstalled the previous libre office version ,6.1, but I don't know how to do it, because this version doesn't appear in the Puppy Package Manager - Uninstall software

HAVE A NICE WEEKEND U ALL.

CHEERS.
Distro: xenialpup64 7.5 XXL
Desktop Panel: JWM ~ FbBox 5.0

SFR

#4 Post by SFR »

pp4mnklinux wrote:I read very good oppinions about the last libre office versión (6.4) specially about its speed, [...]
pp4mnklinux wrote:I worked sometime with it, and It doesn't go faster with my puppy.
I also tried it a week or so ago in Fatdog.
And indeed it's all about the speed - it's much slower, probably because of the, now default, GTK+3 UI (which is also uglier, i.e. no icons in menus).

Anyway, just tried it again and opening a single-page .odf file on my i3-330M @2.13GHz laptop takes:
- 6.4.0: 28 sec. (cold start) and 11 sec. (hot start).
- 6.3.5: 17 sec. (cold start) and only 2 sec. (hot start).

I'll stick to 6.3 branch...

Greetings!
[color=red][size=75][O]bdurate [R]ules [D]estroy [E]nthusiastic [R]ebels => [C]reative [H]umans [A]lways [O]pen [S]ource[/size][/color]
[b][color=green]Omnia mea mecum porto.[/color][/b]