Xlock screensaver asked

Stuff that has yet to be sorted into a category.
lvds

Xlock screensaver asked

#1 Post by lvds »

Hi,

Does someone know where i can download the Xlock screensaver that is usually whith each distro ?

Thanks in advance
Laurent

WhoDo

Re: Xlock screensaver asked

#2 Post by WhoDo »

lvds wrote:Does someone know where i can download the Xlock screensaver that is usually whith each distro ?
If you are using Puppy 2.15CE then it's still there, just not on the desktop. You can put it back by going to /usr/local/apps and dragging it back to the desktop.

Hope that helps
[i]Actions speak louder than words ... and they usually work when words don't![/i]
SIP:whodo@proxy01.sipphone.com; whodo@realsip.com

lvds

Re: Xlock screensaver asked

#3 Post by lvds »

WhoDo wrote:
lvds wrote:Does someone know where i can download the Xlock screensaver that is usually whith each distro ?
If you are using Puppy 2.15CE then it's still there, just not on the desktop. You can put it back by going to /usr/local/apps and dragging it back to the desktop.

Hope that helps
No i am using LitePup and am building a distro to match a specific need so i have to include this tool inside but i have not found a package for it...

I also tried to extarct it form another distro but dragging it from /usr/local/apps seemed not to be enough as it needs also all the screensavers ; do you know where they are located ? Even doing this way i am not so sure it will be complete, that's why a package would be better ...

Best regards,
Laurent.

GuestToo
Puppy Master

#4 Post by GuestToo »

the Unleashed packages are here: http://www.puppyos.com/download/downpage.htm

specifically, here: http://distro.ibiblio.org/pub/linux/dis ... uppylinux/

pet_packages-2/ and pupget_packages-1/

you need the xlockmore package, but i'm not sure if the xmorelock package also contains the screensavers or not

lvds

#5 Post by lvds »

GuestToo wrote:you need the xlockmore package, but i'm not sure if the xmorelock package also contains the screensavers or not
Hi,

I installed xlockmore pack and it is ok, screensavers are inside !

Thank you very much.

Best regards,
Laurent.