Gimp 2.10.14

Requests go here. If you fill a request, give it a new thread in the appropriate category and then link to it in the request thread.
memo

Gimp 2.10.14

#1 Post by memo »

Hi all,

Would you kindly provide Gimp latest version 2.10.14 as a SFS or portable. I have already tried the appimage version but it didnot work for me.

Regards,
Xanialpup 7.5 32 bit

mikeslr

#2 Post by mikeslr »

Hi memo,

As you always seem to want the 'latest & greatest', I think you'll have to learn how to compile. And do that under the latest Puppy or Dog. I'm not certain, but ozsouth noted that it seems gimp stopped publishing 32-bit versions at 2.10. http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic. ... 22#1032222

About 8 posts below that you'll find a link to the 32-bit gimp-2.10.12.sfs for bionicpup32 which 666philb assembled. Don't know if it will run under xenialpup32. [See Edit].

The SFS is on mega.nz. Click the "M". It took me several minutes staring at the web-page to figure that out. :lol:

Edit: It won't run under xenialpup32. One of the dependencies is glibc 2.27. Xenialpup32 uses glibc 2.23. An OS can only use one glibc version. The 'work-around' is --as was done with portable-firefox and some other applications-- is to include the other glibc version and its dependencies within the application, itself, and start the application with a 'wrapper' specifying that it was to look within the application folder for that version.

Mike Walsh

#3 Post by Mike Walsh »

@ memo:-

I have to agree with Mike. Compiling will, indeed, always give you the very latest versions of everything.....

Please remember ONE thing?
memo wrote:Would you kindly provide Gimp latest version 2.10.14 as a SFS or portable. I have already tried the appimage version but it didnot work for me.
We're all of us volunteers here; users, just like yourself. From the tone of your post it sounds rather as though you feel you have a right to expect somebody else to put in the hard work , and to just drop it in your lap for you.

It doesn't work like that, matey. So either do your research before you start making demands like that, or think before you post. Life is full of 'givers' and 'takers'; do you really want folk thinking you belong in the second group???

Please be aware (if you're not already, that is) that the entire Linux 'ethos' is rather different to that found within the Windoze 'ecosphere', on t'other side of the fence.

With Windoze, what with having to pay for not only the OS itself, but also many of the better apps/programs, you're in a supplier/consumer relationship. Having parted with your 'hard-earnt', this does confer upon you certain consumer 'rights'; namely, that of expecting help when things don't go according to plan.

On this side of 'the fence', most software - including the OS itself - is totally free. It doesn't cost you a penny. That being said, because of this fact, you are in absolutely no position to make demands upon anyone. These guys don't owe you a thing.

I'm going to make a suggestion; one which may help you to understand things a wee bit better. Have a read of this:-

"Linux is NOT Windows"

It may have been written almost 15 years ago.....but the content is still as relevant today as it was back in 2006. Do please read it through, because it does explain a lot of what you may have misunderstood. :).

Mike. :wink: