Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Fri 06 Dec 2019, 10:50
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » Taking the Puppy out for a walk » Misc
The Open Source Development Network
Moderators: Flash, JohnMurga
Page 1 of 1 [1 Post]  
scsijon

PostPosted: Sat 02 Nov 2019, 03:35    Post subject:  The Open Source Development Network  

Are you up to the stage of publishing your Puppy, or maybe that missing puppy application, but don't know where?

Maybe the OSDN is the place for you. And best of all it's all free.

Two URL's worth a quick looking at are:

Main site athttps://osdn.net/ (I almost forgot to add this.) Yo get autolisting for updates and changes also appearing here.

List of available services athttps://osdn.net/projects/docs-en/wiki/OSDN_Services

I know this looks like a dodgy advert, but it's actually not, I don't know how many requests i've seen here and a couple of other Forum Boards I frequently visit that have requests for space, but this may just suit you. It won't suit everyone as it does take some thought and design.

They do have templates, such as used by :

CrystalDiskInfo https://osdn.net/projects/crystaldiskinfo/ for a single application or;

Hyperbola https://www.hyperbola.info/ for a complete system, with doc pages such as https://wiki.hyperbola.info/doku.php?id=en:main:packaging_guidelines&redirect=1.

OSDN supplies a complete system, and it's free.

Using their words:
Quote:
About OSDN

OSDN is a free-of-charge service for open source software developers. We offer SVN/Git/Mercurial/Bazaar/CVS repository, mailing list, bug tracking system, bulletin board and forum, web site hosting, release file download service, permanent file archive, complete backup, shell environment and environment that allows easy and integral projects management of these services run on web. To learn about the services OSDN provides, please refer to OSDN services. For information on how to use each of the services and explanation on necessary tools, please refer to the document here. There's also a list of frequently asked questions (FAQ).

How to Join Development

If you wish to make the best possible use of OSDN, you must create an account. After creating an account, log in to create and register SSH public key. Then, try creating your personal development work room on PersonalForge which is in your user page, or you can join an existing project, or you may want to register a new project on your own. Now, you can use all services. Of course you can browse the website without registration, but there will be limitations on your use of some site functions.

The Three “D”s that Support Open Source

marketing.gif When the former organization of OSDN was founded in 2000, at that time, there were three words, which all started with a “D”, considered vital for Open Source development conducted by community. And those three words were Develop, Distribute, and Discuss. To support all these three “D”s, we founded this site, OSDN. The environment that encircles open source has continued to change drastically, but now and then among the community, the importance of these three “D”s has never wavered. We will continue to focus on providing these three “D”s to all communities that embrace open source.

For a Better Environment Structure

We are giving our all into OSDN management for a better development environment. So we ask you for your cooperation in bug reports. Your help is greatly appreciated. If you have any request or question, please contact us.

About OSDN corporation

OSDN Corporation manages a community site used for releasing the latest news and exchanging information regarding open-source software development and innovation, promoting collaboration, and distributing products. .......
[url][/url]

OK, the reason it's here? After rediscovering Repology, I thought i'd look and see what else I've used in the past that still exists, and found this one still existing in a new format, so I thought i'd also bring it to your attention.

Oh, and i've already discovered a lot are, as expected, no longer around, with a few being no longer suitable for our uses for varying reasons, but i'll still go through my old lists as time permits and see if there are any others worth bringing to your attention.

regards
Page 1 of 1 [1 Post]  
 Forum index » Taking the Puppy out for a walk » Misc
Jump to: