DpupBuster CE 64 and 32 bit

A home for all kinds of Puppy related projects
TiredPup

#61 Post by TiredPup »

Regarding VirtualBox josejp2424 wrote:
You are using the kernel it brings. or you changed it
I used the kernel packaged with the operating system. I did not change anything.

I did boot into RAM and create a new save folder. I loaded the devx and kernel sources only and then installed virtualbox on a pristine system. I did not receive the kernel error this time. However, virtual box does not run as intended on my system. It will not recognize 64 bit operating systems and will attempt to start 32 nopae only.

I reproduced the same results in Q4OS 3.8 (Buster). My hardware is not able to run this application. My apologies for taking up your time with this one.

josejp2424

tets virtualbox

#62 Post by josejp2424 »

TiredPup wrote:Regarding VirtualBox josejp2424 wrote:
You are using the kernel it brings. or you changed it
I used the kernel packaged with the operating system. I did not change anything.

I did boot into RAM and create a new save folder. I loaded the devx and kernel sources only and then installed virtualbox on a pristine system. I did not receive the kernel error this time. However, virtual box does not run as intended on my system. It will not recognize 64 bit operating systems and will attempt to start 32 nopae only.

I reproduced the same results in Q4OS 3.8 (Buster). My hardware is not able to run this application. My apologies for taking up your time with this one.
Thank you TiredPup . I'm going to keep testing on another machine.

josejp2424

openshot-2.4.4 dpupbuster64

#63 Post by josejp2424 »

For test Openshot-2.4.4 + lib

Download Openshot-2.4.4

MD5
# 8ab9a08e6ffedc0d2a212311fbdcfdee

watchdog

#64 Post by watchdog »

watchdog wrote:I was not able to install my brother laser printer using the foomatic compressed ppds: "filter failed".
SOLVED! Downgrade to ghostscript, libgs and libgs-common from stretch64.

josejp2424

DpupBuster 64

#65 Post by josejp2424 »

watchdog wrote:
watchdog wrote:I was not able to install my brother laser printer using the foomatic compressed ppds: "filter failed".
SOLVED! Downgrade to ghostscript, libgs and libgs-common from stretch64.
thanks watchdog

josejp2424

audacity 2.3.2

#66 Post by josejp2424 »

For test audacity 2.3.2

Download audacity 2.3.2

MD5
# 6fe16542ae8e85a154b6bccc5249c592

josejp2424

Kdenlive 19.08.0

#67 Post by josejp2424 »

For test Kdenlive 19.08.0

Download Kdenlive 19.08.0

MD5
# 3575ed99fbba373fa19cde7ee42190bc

josepinto

Redshift

#68 Post by josepinto »

Hi josejp2424,

Thanks for all your work.

I cannot start Redshift even after installing geoclue-2.0.

Thanks in advance.

José Pinto

josejp2424

Re: Redshift

#69 Post by josejp2424 »

josepinto wrote:Hi josejp2424,

Thanks in advance.

José Pinto
hi josepinto .
add redshift i'm using

https://sourceforge.net/projects/dpup/f ... t-1.12.pet

josepinto

Re: Redshift

#70 Post by josepinto »

josejp2424 wrote:
josepinto wrote:Hi josejp2424,

Thanks in advance.

José Pinto
hi josepinto .
add redshift i'm using

https://sourceforge.net/projects/dpup/f ... t-1.12.pet
Thanks jose
Silly me.
Didn't occur to me that redshift might not be installed. Will you include it in a future beta?

josepinto

Pupmtp

#71 Post by josepinto »

Hi jose,

I couldn't connect to my phone (LG G3) with Pupmtp.

I installed Pupmtp package form this link
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1aq6eZD ... sp=sharing

and libmtp9 with PPM.

Now I can connect but I cannot delete files from the phone filesystem.

Should libmtp be included in the iso?

José Pinto

rameshiyer

DpupBuster

#72 Post by rameshiyer »

While loading through Flash drive, getting desktop. However, after installation of internal hard disk (full disk), no desktop available. while starting it goes to command prompt show message that you may try xorgwizard or xin jwm, etc. How to boot into desktop and make use of Dpupbuster.

josejp2424

Re: DpupBuster

#73 Post by josejp2424 »

rameshiyer wrote:While loading through Flash drive, getting desktop. However, after installation of internal hard disk (full disk), no desktop available. while starting it goes to command prompt show message that you may try xorgwizard or xin jwm, etc. How to boot into desktop and make use of Dpupbuster.

That usually happens when the system closes badly.
Putting xwin starts well.

rameshiyer

#74 Post by rameshiyer »

How to rectify the problem. How boot into proper desktop. XWIN OR XORGWIXARD in command line not solved.

watchdog

#75 Post by watchdog »

rameshiyer wrote:How to rectify the problem. How boot into proper desktop. XWIN OR XORGWIXARD in command line not solved.
Full installation in hd is not well supported as I know in puppy. What about the more useful and easy frugal install? Just copy the content of the iso on the hd ext3 formatted and run from the live session grub4dos config to boot sda1. Choose to save in a savefolder and you are done.

rameshiyer

DpupBuster

#76 Post by rameshiyer »

I have created a menu entry in refind in EasyOs (fat 32 separate Partition) 640 mb and loading DpupBuster. See I a just layman user only. Only my passion doing something through train and error method. I don't know how to load frugal method. Anyway I will frugal also.

01101001b

Re: virtualbox 6

#77 Post by 01101001b »

josejp2424 wrote:testing virtualbox without kernel source or devx.
TiredPup wrote:I decided to try out Virtual Box which I do use from time to time. I installed the Devx and Kernel Source packages provided. This is the result.
Could it be the hardware? . I really don't know.
but in my case virtualbox is working.
it would be necessary to see if some user the same thing happens to him.
Same problem here. It seems to be a Virtualbox recurring bug. I had the same problem with VBox 6.0.12 yesterday while trying LxPupSc64 but back then, being in a hurry, I thought (wrongly) LxPupSc64 was the culprit so I ditched it with no second thoughts :(

Luckily I found later this superb pup and also a Virtualbox .pet so I thought "Great! Problem solved!" but no, it wasn't :(

Searching for a solution, it seems VBox 6.0.4 worked for some people with this issue. I'll give it a try in a few moments and we'll see :crossfingers: :wink:

EDIT: I guess I was asleep or something the first time I installed the Virtualbox pet because after make sure devx and headers.sfs were loaded, I reinstalled and it worked... sort of, since I could now start my virtual machine only after change my virtual netcard first (from bridged adapter to NAT).

Nonetheless, I did try version 6.0.12 again to no avail. Same problem. Finally I tried 6.0.4 and after some complaining about a problem regarding group "vboxusers", it worked perfectly (with the bridged adapter selected again) after creating that group and run /sbin/vboxconfig once more. Hope this helps.

josejp2424

#78 Post by josejp2424 »

01101001b wrote:
josejp2424 wrote:testing virtualbox without kernel source or devx.
TiredPup wrote:I decided to try out Virtual Box which I do use from time to time. I installed the Devx and Kernel Source packages provided. This is the result.
Could it be the hardware? . I really don't know.
but in my case virtualbox is working.
it would be necessary to see if some user the same thing happens to him.
Same problem here. It seems to be a Virtualbox recurring bug. I had the same problem with VBox 6.0.12 yesterday while trying LxPupSc64 but back then, being in a hurry, I thought (wrongly) LxPupSc64 was the culprit so I ditched it with no second thoughts :(

Luckily I found later this superb pup and also a Virtualbox .pet so I thought "Great! Problem solved!" but no, it wasn't :(

Searching for a solution, it seems VBox 6.0.4 worked for some people with this issue. I'll give it a try in a few moments and we'll see :crossfingers: :wink:

EDIT: I guess I was asleep or something the first time I installed the Virtualbox pet because after make sure devx and headers.sfs were loaded, I reinstalled and it worked... sort of, since I could now start my virtual machine only after change my virtual netcard first (from bridged adapter to NAT).

Nonetheless, I did try version 6.0.12 again to no avail. Same problem. Finally I tried 6.0.4 and after some complaining about a problem regarding group "vboxusers", it worked perfectly (with the bridged adapter selected again) after creating that group and run /sbin/vboxconfig once more. Hope this helps.
I really thank you for the tests.. 01101001b

josejp2424

DpupBuster 32 bits

#79 Post by josejp2424 »

it's an update of DPupBuster-7.9.0.2..

thanks nilsonmorales for the wallapers he did

For those who use the previous version, it is no longer compatible with this one because the location of the libraries has changed. so the devx will not work either.

Image.

Use PULSEAUDIO.
RETROVOL was replaced by PASYTRAY.
Pulseaudio is more compatible, many programs use it (skype, firefox, Simplescreen recorder).
Note that pulseaudio is only working as root. It is not working as SPOT..

Pkg - CLI package manager ( Thank you sc0ttman).
I love this program, and it works great. You can use apt-get or apt to install programs.
Also Pkg as the PPM, they use only Debian Buster repo.

this dpupbuster 32 is the same as dpupbuster 64.
It has all the same programs, except that it doesn't bring mpaint.

Gimp 2.4 compiled by ,ttuuxxx.

For test Dpupbuster 32.

Download dpupbuster-32bits-PAE-8.0.0-uefi-beta3_29092019.iso

Download dpupbuster-32bits-No-PAE-8.0.0-uefi-beta3_29092019.iso

01101001b

#80 Post by 01101001b »

josejp2424 wrote:I really thank you for the tests.. 01101001b
Hi josejp2424! You're welcome! 8)

By the way, I've seen (in sourceforge) you have compiled Nvidia drivers for 340 and 410 for dpupbuster 64 (4.19.23) Any chance you can do the same for 304? Because I'm out of luck in that matter :cry:

Regardless you can or not, thanks in advance! :D